“Delicious Pastries if You Can Elbow Your Way Thru the Crowd”

Pasticceria Andrea Pansa
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Amalfi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 April 2018

VERY hectic place inside! We didn't want to sit outside, just wanted to get pastries to go. It was very crowded and difficult to order. We got a cannoli and a dish of chocolate-covered maritozzi, which were incredibly delish...for 7.50 Euro. It was supposed to be 6.50 but the server short-changed me.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,121)

Reviewed 8 April 2018

I'm and addict for a good pastry. Absolutely the best ever and price is very very reasonable. Sitting in the main Square next to the Dumo I expected the prices to be sky high - but no!! I walked back to my accommodation carrying my carefully wrapped parcel of goodies that looked more like a gift than a bakery purchase. Presentation is magic. Lovely super sitting on our balcony looking back - thinking will we run down all those steps and buy more - wish we had!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I really like sweets and desserts so I picked a sfogliatelle with rum. It was so nice I could have eaten another one! If you're in Amalfi, you must visit this place, you can also sit inside or outside as well as take away.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Event if shipped to, Pansa’s pastiera is a the top. Bu why, why you do it only for Easter? Love it! Ah, I have warmed it up a bit, excellent. Even though, I can eat it when cold too!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Watching Paul Hollywood’s program visiting best pastry shops around the world Pasticceria Andrea Pansa featured. Obviously it went on my list of places that must be visited. Yes yes yes it lived up to every single expectation I had. Possibly the best pastries we had during our visit to Amalfi Coast and if I could award 6 then I would. Truly mean every word.

It’s not cheap but the quality can be tasted in every bite. They make pretty good coffee too, smooth packed with fresh aroma with natural creamy texture, delicious! You pay for quality and this is what quality taste like.

We visited during Easter and were spoiled for choice with pastries from classics to typical Easter classics. We asked the waitress what should we have and I’m pleased we did because her recommendations were spot on.

The Santa Rosa sfogiatelle is the traditional specialty of Andrea Pansa, filled with ricotta it’s close to perfection. The Deliza al limone (round white one) was delicate, light and packed a lemon punch. Pasticciotto (oval tart) was also incredible, it looks as if it’s going to be dense but as a matter of fact the pastry shell is super fine and the filling is a candied lemon and ricotta filling, it’s very spectacular and special.

It was worth the miles and possibly my favourite place to visit.

Be warned it’s not cheap, make a commitment and if your not prepared to part with the cash stay away, however if you are prepared to put your hand in your pocket you will not regret its worth it!