“Lovely dinner”
Review of La Capannina

La Capannina
Ranked #7 of 115 Restaurants in Amalfi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Great location and view from our table. Dinner and service was lovely, the local pizza tasted really good and so did their local wine. The owner of the restaurant was very friendly and made sure we were happy with everything.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

To begin, This place has a stunning view of the valley and of Ravello, totally unexpected. My husband and I had pizza here last night and we were impressed by the fantastic taste of the crust! He had his usual simple margherita and loved it, while I had a more adventurous porcini and prosciutto one, which was to die for. You don’t want to miss it. Delicious Amalfi lemon sorbet to end the meal. Lovely and fast service (English speaking for my American hubby)... We loved it so much that we will be back tonight to try the fish! Stay tuned.
PS. We were there with our 5 month old daughter and the place was super baby friendly!

1  Thank Ele_11_979
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Wow, wow, wow! Incredible food and incredible service! They picked us up from our hotel at no charge and fed us some of the best Italian food we’ve ever had. I can’t recommend this restaurant highly enough!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

The restaurant has a very nice view and is situated in a really nice village.
We visited the restaurant for lunch so no pizza was served. (served after 7:00pm).
We ordered mussels sauté which was OK and then pasta with zucchini and clams/mussels which was rather boring and a local fish.
About the local fish... it was served open! (because tourists from Northern Europe and USA cannot handle the bones!!!!)
Of course it was over-cooked with no “juices” and flavor as it was dried by the grill. I ate it but I complained to the waiter who agreed with me that unfortunately tourists are not eating the fish as they should but they serve it like this to avoid complaints!
- People if you don’t want to eat a proper fish just stick to fried frozen fish-sticks!!!
- Restaurant and chef please do your job properly otherwise there is no reason to serve food.

We got a 5€ discount but still I would never go again to a place where they don’t respect their raw, fresh ingredients.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

The food here is so good, best seafood we had in Amalfi. Everything was so fresh, it all tasted like it was picked/caught that day. The service was fantastic. It's a family-owned restaurant that is very warm and welcoming. Not to mention the incredible view! It's a bit off the beaten track which was nice because the food was authentic and reasonably priced.