“Great treats!”

Cioccolato e Gelato Andrea Pansa
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Amalfi
Reviewed 29 October 2016

** Preface this with I'm an American visitor. **

We stopped in here on our Amalfi tour and were quite impressed with the dessert/snacks we had. We found the staff to be a little less than friendly (more later), but the dessert was amazing.

First the food - we had the special lemon cake (our guide said this is a must try in Amalfi) and it was everything you'd hope for. If you don't like lemon, skip it, because it's a lemon filling inside a lemon cake with lemon icing. We both loved it - highly recommend it! Also, I had to get a cannoli. Fantastic. I cannot even begin to describe how much better it was than anything I've had back in the states. I loved every bite, and would have had 2, if my wife wasn't watching!

Oh, and order something to go. We couldn't believe it - they wrap it up in paper, tie a bow around it, and inside you have good disposable silverware and it's on a gold/tin plate. So nice!

As for the service ... we found it hard to communicate with them. Not many spoke English well. We asked for a table, and were told they were full. So we got our snacks to go. We went outside, and since it was raining, no one was sitting there. We sat in the rain to eat. About halfway through, they came and kicked us out of the chairs, as they said we had to pay to sit. I always thought if you bought food at a restaurant you already paid to sit there, but apparently not!

1  Thank Scriber13

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Fantastic ice cream and also some amazing milk and white chocolate with nuts. Service a little surly however not taking away from delicious!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

this is tiny - with benches outside to sit on - mainly a chocolaterie, but sells a small selection of delicious ice creams, unlike all the others in the piazza which have a huge variety. Try crema della nonna Adriana (Grandmother Adriana's cream) Delicious

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Amalfi used to be capital of the Republic of Amalfi and a major trading hub.

It is now the town of a thousand gelato stores.

Literally everywhere you go in Amalfi, you will find gelato. Some of it is good, most, not so much.

Luckily Cioccolato e Gelato happens to be the former.

As you line up, the store owner will treat you to a free orange and chocolate candy. I remember my parents warning me about people like this, but she seemed legitimate enough and didn't have a suspicious panel van in the immediate vicinity.

Psychological reciprocation in place, we decided to order two scoops of gelato on a cone. The flavours were limited, but what she offered was hard to choose from as they all tasted good.

Cost of the gelato was €3. You can sit on the street outside the store. They even have napkins for you once your gelato melts over your hands, leaving it a sticky mess reminiscent of your adolescence.

All in all, this gelato store would have been the best of the many we tried in Amalfi - the town where diabetes never sleeps.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

This cafe is on the square. Super place to stop for an espresso, choose something from the AMAZING bakery case, and watch everyone go by. Also, they have a good bathroom!