All reviewsopposite the train stationgreat locationamalfi coastceiling fantravelling by trainwalking streethamcontinental breakfastrooms are basic but cleantwo blocksyogurtvery nice hotelwould stay here againold towni highly recommend this hotelshopping and restaurantsminute walk
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights and used it as a base to get to Capri, Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. Location is superb and the staff were great. LoTs of good restaurants around the area but be warned, action doesn’t start until 8pm. Room was clean and functional and give the price we paid, we were very happy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AhweiSingapore
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I picked the hotel based on my budget plus wanted to be near the station and restaurants etc. The hotel is in fact directly opposite the station and very close to the sea front, shops, restaurants etc.

Overall this was a good hotel. Friendly staff at the check-in and nice reception area. Room was had a single bed and was comfortably furnished. Bathroom was in good condition. Despite being at the front of the hotel, even with the large windows open, noise wasn't a problem.

Breakfast was included and was a self service type with good selection of food and drink.

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank philstephenrichards
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My son & I picked this hotel for a few reasons. It was close to train, not far from the ocean and close to shopping and restaurants. The price was reasonable. We used it as a home base to visit the amalfi coast, Naples and pompeii. We had room facing the train station and was worrrie it would be noisy . It was surprising quiet! it had double panes doors and was big , very clean, and the breakfast was good. The staff were not overfriendly, they were very helpful and kind. I would stay here again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We could not have done better in choosing this hotel for our stay in Salerno. We dropped our rental car around the corner and rolled our luggage to the hotel. We had lunch at Binario Due around the corner. The train station and taxis are across the street. The ferry terminals and medieval district are close by. The pedestrian walk out front is a prime site for the evening passeggiata. We were easily able to visit Capri and Paestum and move on to Rome. As many people have commented, this hotel shows definite pride of ownership. It is well and carefully maintained. The owner is on prem in the evenings and makes a point of greeting his guests. He gave us wonderful meal recommendations.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thinktravelCA
Reviewed 29 September 2017

The "star" system in Italy is something you should google as it is apples and oranges for same rating. While this is a 3 star hotel, the owner and staff are over the top helpful and friendly--the owner was actually going to buy a voltage converter if he didn't have one. They gave me directions and advice, and I had stayed here four years ago. It is a basic room, but with 15 feet tall ceilings. Nice breakfast, and it is 100 feet from train station which is convenient for going to Pompeii. It is walking distance to ferries for Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, although the ferry from Capri goes to a dock further away. Salerno comes to life on a promenade at night, which is also walking distance.

I highly recommend this hotel, and breakfast and its dining area is very good for the price. The owner is a people person and he sat down and spoke with me over a free beer for maybe an hour. He suggested I use my next, and last two days in Tuscany and do an "excursion" which is exactly what I did from Florence, on a 9 hour bus tour to Siena, Pisa and San Gimigano with lunch at a beautiful setting in Tuscany for 80 euros.

Room Tip: Perhaps one overlooking the square outside, although back is quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo