“Anniversary meal”

Ranked #26 of 290 Restaurants in Sorrento
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2016

We celebrated our wedding anniversary here and can only say good things. The food, wine and overall service were spot on. I had the Rabbit which was the spot on. When we asked for the bill we were presented with a special desert as a surprise from them for our anniversary which was totally unexpected but a great touch.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I dined here recently, having walked past and admired the unusual entrance lobby. The restaurant inside is actually quite beautiful, and has a lovely ambience. It was obvious it was formal dining, and we were presented with some interesting nibbles to start with. These were a little disappointing in honesty, but the our menu choices when they arrived were just superb, and the maitre'd really knew his stuff. I never eat dessert, but we ordered one as we did not want the evening to end, and that was delicious too! I would definitely recommend it for a more upmarket dining experience whilst in Sorrento. My only tip for the restaurant would be to look at their canapé menu perhaps.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

After eating here a number of times over the past few years this time was utterly terrible, the dishes were poorly prepared, badly presented and tasteless. In addition, after having been told about my wifes nut allergy they brought over a basket of bread containing nut bread and then when it was pointed out they took it away and brought it back minus the nut bread, however all they had done was take it out, no idea at all about cross contamination – utterly useless.

The manager told us they had a new chef and was very apologetic and we didn’t even get past the start of the main course it was that bad, he did decline my offer to pay for what we had eaten so well done for trying to appease the customer but clearly they need a better chef to get it back to the standard it used to be.

1  Thank MarkCornwall_UK
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Lovely building and surroundings. Very nice attentive, but not overbearing staff. Small portion plates of food, which is fine, but just not that great. I'm vegetarian so maybe they're not so good with that. It was pretty expensive and we felt a bit disappointed at the end.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

The food is is good but not excellent and is a little overpriced. There are better returns in Sorrento.

The staff, especially the head waiter was overpowering and the return did not feel relaxed.

If you want formal this is the place to go, but not for us on holiday.

1  Thank Martin P