“Interesting place! Must visit! ”
Review of Pub America

Pub America
Ranked #140 of 288 Restaurants in Sorrento
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We were on a family trip to Sorrento and stayed at a villa in the close by village of Priora. This place is really interesting, a bar dedicated to everything American in a small Italian village. We went there every night we were in town as the owner treated us like family. Gives you a great sense of the small town Italian culture that revolves around family ties. Will definitely remember this as one of the highlights of our trips.

1  Thank Arshiyatakkar
There are newer reviews for Pub America

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I'd read mixed reviews of Pub America and was concerned by the name but as the restaurant was very close to our villa we decided to try it out. We're really glad we did. The service was very friendly and the food was superb. Don't expect to sit, eat and leave in an hour as it was fairly "relaxed" in terms of service time but as it was Friday evening this suited us perfectly. The atmosphere was great and we had an enjoyable couple of hours trying our best to converse with the Italian family from Venice at the table next to us. The food was excellent and I can't recommend the Hazlenut cream pasta with ham enough (we'd read about this in other reviews). This was the best value meal to date in Sorrento with the bill coming to just over €40 for 4 mains and drinks. Overall if you just want a relaxed Italian bar meal experience then you can't go wrong here.

1  Thank Iain T
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Sorrento was lovely. We visited by day and also by night. I especially loved going at night and sitting at the outdoor restaurant and just watching the people.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

We went to this place after a small walk from our B&B in the area. They welcomed us with a great smile and a large desire to make us feel comfortable and have a good dinner.
The food was very good, we loved our stay there and we recommend it very much.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

When I travel, I try to keep an open mind, because sometimes the best experiences happen ... when all else fails. On this night, not one but two of the other restaurants we wanted to eat at were closed. After finding the second place closed, we were about to give up when the owner of Pub America opened his doors. To be honest, I didn't even realize it was a restaurant. I thought it was just a bar and since I was in Italy for an Italian experience, the last thing I wanted was to eat American food, but my assumptions were proved very wrong.

The owner greeted us so warmly that we couldn't resist. (I'm sure we weren't the first to stumble onto his doorstep hungry.) The menu boasted numerous hamburgers (that's the American) but it also had a great selection of pastas and traditional Italian dishes. I opted for the owner-recommended pasta with crema and hazelnuts and it was outstanding. Really tasty and like nothing else I'd had in Italy during this trip. My honey got the bruschetta and the Kid went for patate fritte. Best of all, we were able to sit on the little outdoor patio and watch the sun go down in a really lovely little village above Sorrento. Next time I travel here, I'll be sure to bring the owner a velvet Elvis print and order that hazelnut pasta!