“Wonderful!”

Azienda Agricola la Sorgente
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This farm is absolutely wonderful. All the food is so fresh! We had a mozzarella cheese making demonstration, the kids (ages 12-13) made pizza with Maria then we had lunch. The food was wonderful! the best mozzarella and ricotta I have ever had. the wine was also excellent. the staff are warm and friendly. they treated us like family. I highly recommend this farm if you are in the area in Sorrento, Italy.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"limoncello"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I loved this farm. I visited as part of a day trip from the cruise I was taking and it was a great choice. The farm is lovely, the mozzarella demonstration was great and the family and staff were wonderful. After watching the demonstration we were served home made products and wine followed by the Lemoncello. It was beautiful. I bought a small bottle of Lemoncello to bring home and to this day wish I had bought more. It was a wonderful visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We were shown the "well" where olives were squeezed for the oil. An old manual press. The building even older. I had a feeling that our tour group were in for a special treat. From there, we walked downhill through the terraced garden of fruit trees and a few livestock for the meat and milk. Organic farming. We were sat down to watch Maria making mozarrella cheese for the pizza, our dinner. Simple - the dough base, mozarrella cheese and tomato. The four volunteers, with X-rated aprons, willingly helped with the preparations much to the amusement of the group. We watched the pizza being cooked very quickly in the brick oven. Belissimo. At dinner, we were served an array of trays of food. The red wine also came from the farm ( no hangover the following morning, no sulphite). The Liquore di Limoni(limoncello) tasted just great. I walked away from this place with a bottle of the liquore and it sits in the cupboard next to me, right now, whilst I am writing this review. It will not last. Ciao.

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Went here on an organised trip and what an experience! A guided tour around the little farm, followed by a demonstration. Then to top it off, an amazing lunch of homemade goodies overlooking the Sorrento valley and out to sea. Perfection.

Took some limoncello and some olive oil back for my family and it was the best they have ever tasted! Need to go back again to stock up!