Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MiraMadeleine
Berkeley, CA

Who could not fall in love at this most beautiful hotel; impeccably decorated rooms and breathtaking views!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Oct 2009
This was a beautiful hotel!! Once I discovered this hotel while surfing the web, I knew this was the place where we were headed for our 10 year wedding anniversary. And it did not disappoint. We fell in love with each other again and the ambiance certainly contributed. The staff was wonderful and helpful. The views were stunning. And I am a decor snob and this place was so tasteful...just the right amount of casual comfort and sophistication. I wish I could bring it all back home with us. There was a serene pool area and gym/spa as well. The staff had a little electric car that shuttled us back and forth to town. If anything, the only thing less than great were the pretentious other guests that stayed at the hotel.
Date of stay: June 2008
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
Restaurant
    RM 8,144
1.2 km from J.K. Place Capri
View more hotels in Capri
All reviews jk place jk capri the general manager marina grande large pool mount vesuvius boutique hotel four seasons walk in closet overlooking the sea moment you arrive every guest welcome drink bay of naples perfect hotel amazing views luciano
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2009

This is a very stylish hotel. It has the style and comfort of an American hotel...LA style, but the views are those that you could only see in ITaly on a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. That being said The location of this hotel is a negative since it is not near the main piazza in Capri. The hotel assured us that this was not a problem and that transportation to and from the piazza would be provided throughout the day and evening. .This was not exactly so. Although we loved the hotel driver, who was always very helpful... One of the cars was not in use so therefore management treated the transportation issue more as a ...if we can accomodate you we will..but

When a hotel rate exceed $1000/night one expects perfection. JK Place needs some painting and touch up work on the exterior although we found the interior to be immaculate.
The maid service was another negative. The maids would enter even when "do not disturb signs" were posted. The bathrooms were always left messy. The pool attendant was not very helpful and was occasionally engaging in loud chatter with other employees which was disturbing as we were trying to sleep off our jet lag.
Overall, this is a beautiful place on a beautiful island. It is just so expensive that we expect a great deal.

Date of stay: August 2009
2  Thank Rrac4
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Just a 1-minute drive from the harbor, the JK is located right on the road snaking up from the marina to Capri Town. The pool area is screened from the road by beautiful, blooming oleander, but there’s some car/moped noise that makes that area of the property less idyllic than the interiors and the terrace alongside the back of the hotel. That terrace, with views of Vesuvius across the bay, is serene and lovely, and the interiors are just what you’d expect from the Web site, designed to the hilt and in immaculate condition. Service was good throughout the stay. Food (we ate dinner there once, and breakfast daily) was good, not great. Other hotels that we saw looked quite dated (La Scalinatella looked ghastly and tacky, and while the location of Caesar Augustus, with its unparalleled views, is much nicer than JK’s location, I’d prefer to stay at a new, impeccably designed, and very 21st century hotel like JK. We availed ourselves of the free shuttle service to/from town, which basically operates whenever you have a need to go or come—very nicely done. Staff were young, and had to be reminded occasionally of requests, but overall were effective and well trained. So I have no complaints, and would definitely stay there again if I were to return to Capri. That said, beyond the nice interiors and the terrace, there’s not much to do at the hotel itself, and the pool area, while fine, didn’t have much to recommend it. So a very good hotel, but not one that made itself onto my mental list of great hotels experiences.

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank DaneP
Reviewed 19 May 2009

J.K. Place, Capri is magical. The location and design are stunning but the service is truly what sets them apart. Everyone, from the General Manager Samuel to each member of his staff was gracious and genuinely kind without being at all stuffy. They anticipated our every need over the 4 days my wife and I spent there. We never signed for trivial expenditures, our suite was always immaculately clean, the pool and spa were refreshing and the food was beautifuly prepared and delicious. The Restaurant Manager, Lorenzo always had wine and menu recommendations that were perfect! We loved the restaurant so much that we ate almost every meal there. My wife and I travel quite a bit and stay at really nice resorts and hotels but J.K. Place is the best hotel experience we've ever had. We can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: May 2009
3  Thank PFrancis
Reviewed 10 February 2009

Actually don't have words to describe how fabulous the hotel was! The JK is simply the BEST Hotel we ever stayed at. Amazing views, relaxing and cool atmosphere, the most friendly and professional staff you could find and in one of the best spots of Italy, Capri. The food at the restaurant was very good, fresh seafood and nice local wines. The pool was heated, which in October was a nice touch, although the weather was pretty good...but chilly at night..
definitely will be back! thanks JK!

Date of stay: October 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 3 December 2008

My husband and I spent the first three nights of our honeymoon in Italy at the J.K. Place Capri. The hotel was BY FAR the best part about visiting Capri, although I have to admit I am not a big fan of the island (super overpriced and overrun by tourists with an average age of at least 55). In any case, if you are content to remain in your room or poolside with the views, do not go anywhere else but the J.K. It added enough elegance and chic to our visit to almost make up for the disappointment that was Capri.

We stayed in one of the downstairs rooms with private patio. I think they upgraded us because it was our honeymoon, but I never asked. All the staff are so professional and helpful. They truly go out of their way. We were really impressed with everyone who helped us.

The room wasn't huge, but it was definitely enough space for the two of us. The rooms are beautifully designed so we never felt cramped. The bed was magnificent and romantic. One of my favorite parts, though, was the big and deep bathtub. In fact, the whole bathroom was exquisite. The private patio was nice to catch the sunset, but there was nothing really special about the wood lounger and side table. Also, I could see through the lattice divider between us and our neighbors, so also not very private. It didn't bother us though, because the real luxury is upstairs on the veranda looking out toward the Amalfi coast. So beautiful. The whole property is way beyond anything I've ever seen in a hotel. It's a shame it's located in such a tacky vacation spot, or I would be back for our anniversary!

Date of stay: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)