“Maravillosa!”
Review of I Vicoletti

I Vicoletti
Ranked #348 of 776 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Alessandra was fantastica! She was very helpful in helping me find the place and finding things visit and buy for friends.

Very good price/value hostel. They have an excellent terrace with a nice view.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Good clean well located hotel in the historic centre of Naples. Could walk every where we wanted to (Duomo, Archeologico Nazionale museo, etc). And fairly safe to walk around. Breakfast was fair. Giulio was nice and very helpful to us. Has a very nice roof top terrace where you can relax.

Hotel is on the 4th floor. It does not have a lift but it is associated with another b&b next door (#44) that has a lift. So we did not have to go up the staircase with our luggages. (lift cost 0.10 Euro)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I did not stay in this hostel, because they made it impossible!
I made unfortunate booking to this totally unprofessionally organized hostel. Booking was successfull and deposit payment was charged. Right after this I received a message from the hostel telling they do not have a free room on the date. I tried to change the date, but they refused, since they were full booked. I contacted the booking reservation agency, who told me to cancel the booking to avoid additional costs. I cancelled, but right after cancellation the hostel send me a message telling they are going to charge me, since they are going to have a free room after all! Charging me would break against cancellation policy, since I did it well advance. Still I do not know, if they are going to charge me in spite of the cancellation policy. In addition, all the messages they send me were really mean and unpolite.

Personnel in this hostel seems not to be just incompetent, but also insincere, rude and mean. Can not even imagine how bad the service would have been on the spot. Avoid booking, if money and honesty means anything to you!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank between2horizons
Reviewed 30 May 2008

It's hard to understand why people over here worship Alessandra so much. The time we went over there, all we could think was 'how can a hostess be so distant, sometimes even rude to her guests?'
Yes, there's a nice terrace on the roof of I Vicoletti. But after we had finished our daily breakfast, Alessandra allways gave us the impression, we had to leave the premisses as soon as possible. So much for hospitality.
Besides the hostess, this place is an affordable and suitable option for people who want to explore Napoli and surroundings. The rooms aren't posh -we stayed in some kind of white cell with only one roofwindow- but at least they're clean!

• Stayed: July 2004, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 November 2007

Great location. This B&B is right in the heart of old Naples. There is a supermarket near by. Naples is a scary city to me. We saw so many youngsters wandering around at night. But once we were inside the B&B, we felt safe and at home. We enjoyed the roof terrace so much. All guests can use the kitchen. We liked the antique furniture in our room. The room and bathroom were very clean. Alessandra was so helpful, gave us a lot of good tips. She even booked the taxi for us (we were afraid to take a taxi by ourselves. We had an early morning flight).

The disadvantages were: we couldn't figure out how to keep the warm water for the shower. The mattress was too soft. You can easily push it down to the bottom. Walking up the 4 or 5 stories may be a problem if you carry big luggages and are not fit.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)