Grand Hotel Europa
US$136
US$177
US$149
  • Restaurant
Hotel Europeo & Flowers(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$67
US$188
TripAdvisor
US$309
  • Pool
1,341 results
All reviewstrain stationhard boiled eggsmain stationvisit pompeiibudget hotelnapoli centralehotel restaurantitalian hotelsthe hotel is cleanminute walkpastriesreception staffsingle roomhambuffet breakfastlate at nightamalfi coast
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Recently stayed at this hotel and I was very impressed with the hotel. To start with, we turned up about 2 hours before the stated check in time, hoping to be able to make use of a left luggage room and were able to check in early at no extra cost. This was the first time encountering a friendly member of staff and throughout the trip, all the members of staff I spoke with were all really friendly and helpful (when required). The rooms were very comfortable and there was a mini fridge which had space to store my own stuff in, which was good. No complaints at all!

The hotel has nice communal areas, including a pool table which was well looked after. Location wise, this hotel was perfect. Very short walk to the central train station which made life easy to travel to Pompeii and Herculaneum. Naples town centre didn't seem to be the nicest from what I saw, but you cannot blame the hotel for that!

My booking came with breakfast included. I was very impressed with the breakfast and think I still would have been had I needed to pay. There were options to pay for additional items with your breakfast, which I opted not to do because I didn't feel it was necessary. The evening meals were also very nice. Went to the hotel restaurant 3 times and had what was in essence a 3 course meal for €17.50 which I thought was a great price for the food I had. It made life easy for me and the friends I traveled with, and we were all happy.

I do have a couple of small complaints. There were several large parties staying when I did, and they were quite loud in the corridors. However, I think this is something that could have happened at any hotel - it is more unfortunate than anything else. My main complaint was the WiFi. It was an unsecured network, which isn't great. However, the main concern is how often it dropped. I think the longest connection I got before needing to reconnect was 5 minutes. Not ideal!

Overall, I can highly recommend this hotel. The staff were friendly, the rooms were nice, the food was good. Only real complaint was the WiFi.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Simona C, Direttore vendite at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Mike,

thank you so much for your very nice review!

We are really glad to read that your stay was so pleasant as you underlined in a few words the fundamental features of our hospitality:
staff always friendly and careful to all needs of our customers, rooms spacious and comfortable, common areas organized only to recreate the atmosphere of an house and most of all GOOD FOOD in a nice place such as our restaurant...

With reference to your complaints, we just would like to point some things out:
- about the noise, we had some groups of students staying in your same period and, even if we told several times to their teachers that they had to be quite, with young boys and girls it is not so simple unfortunately...we do apologize for that
- about the wifi, we are sorry but maybe the problem was due to an overcharge during your stay: we called our techinicians and they promptly solved the matter. Thank you so much for your warning.

Please feel free to consider Grand Hotel Europa as your neapolitan house: each time you would like to come back and visit our wonderful city we will be here looking forward to welcoming you :-)

Warmest regards from all our staff!

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Fairly easy walk from the train station. Rates very good. I arrived from Oakland California to Rome then took a train to Naples. Exhausted. It was a good place to recover before heading to Sorrento. Breakfast was basic.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Simona C, Direttore vendite at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Joe,

first of all we would like to thank you for your so kind review and you so nice words about our hotel.

We kindly suggest you to come back and stay some days more in order to visit Naples: Sorrento is a wonderful special place but Naples is also a unique city to be seen once in life!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again to the Grand Hotel Europa and meanwhile we remain with our warmest regards from

bella Napoli :-)!!!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I booked this hotel via British Airways Holidays. I emailed the hotel several times to enquire about parking and received no reply. Parking is available at an underground garage opposite for 10 euro per night but they keep your keys and move the car around. Check in was very good and in general I found the staff to be very pleasant and friendly. The room was disappointing. I read that all rooms have balconies. We must have been unlucky and had maybe the only room that doesn't. The room had no heat and the AC didn't work for heating, it was very cold. The bed was rock hard and the duvet they provide had no cover on which was not nice. A lot of rooms have a bath but our room only had a shower. The toiletries are very basic but do the trick. We didn't enjoy breakfast and they charge you extra if you want bacon etc. The items had run out but not replenished. The area around the hotel did feel quite unsafe and many homeless and groups hang around coming up to you trying to sell items. It was sadly quite a dirty city but if you're going out to places like Pompeii it's in easy reach. In general my experience here was not a positive one apart from the friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee_Melbourn
Simona C, Direttore vendite at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review.

We just would like to point some things out:

1) With reference to your e-mails about parking, we double checked all correspondance with you since now and we answered all your enquiries. Maybe this message finished in your spam and you didn't saw it. Furthermore, it is common in Italy that the garage owner keeps the cay of your car due to security reason: in case of fire, for example, they need to move your car and save it.
2) About the rooms, nowhere is written that all rooms have balcony: just some of them and they are the superior ones which cost more than the others.
3) The AC works properly in all rooms: you could have called Reception Desk in case of any problem and they would have sent a manteinance man to check it and, in case of failure of it, he would have solved the problem immediately.
4) Our hotel has rooms with shower and rooms with bathtub: any preference has to be indicated upon confirmation and/or check in.
5) We are really surprised that you didn't like our breakfast because, as you can read in all our reviews, our buffet is very rich and full of fresh items: our chef loves particularly doing homemade cakes :-) Bacon is considered as an extra charge everywhere and our staff replaces all products as soon as they finish.
6) Last but not least, we are pretty sure that area sorrounding our hotel is quite caothic -AS IN ALL AREAS CLOSE TO THE MAIN STATION OF ALL BIG CITIES OF THE WORLD- but it is also an ideal location (due to its proximity to underground and bus stops) to visit Naples and its most important monuments easily and even in a few days. Furthermore, Naples is not a dirty city: it is a place full of art, culture and history and to describe it only as a dirty city really doesn't match with the truth.
We do hope that you will come again to discover really one of the most beautiful places of the world and meanwhile we remain with

best regards from Grand Hotel Europa and its staff!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights 5 adults and 1 baby.
Check in was quick and efficient allowed to check in early as well. We stayed in a junior room decoration was nice and authentic.
Staff brilliant always happy and willing to go the extra mile great with our child too.
Breakfast was a good selection.
Location 5 min walk to the main train station and metro system we traveled everyday Rome is 1hr15mins and coastal towns within an hour.
yes there are rough sleepers but they don’t hassle you.
Would stay here again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Simona C, Direttore vendite at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Michael,

thank you for your very good review on your stay at our hotel...feedbacks of our customers are most important thing for us as they give us strenght to improve our work everyday.

We are awaiting for your next visit at the Grand Hotel Europa and meanwhile we remain with

best personal regards from Naples :-)!!!

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

We booked the hotel as we were looking for a reasonably priced hotel, with decent breakfast near the station, as we were taking a train on two of our four days in Napoli

I was slightly concerned about the surrounding area, having read some stories about the station area, but it was fine and wouldn’t stop me staying again. Yes the area isn’t the best, with lots of rough sleepers, immigrants etc in the square in front of the station. However, the hotel is only a two minute walk to the side of the station and we didn’t encounter any issues.

Reception was friendly and efficient. The bar area was a nice place to sit in the evening, with drinks not too expensive. The breakfast was served in the hotel restaurant so no shortage of tables and the breakfast selection was really good - cold meats and cheese, breads and pastries and fruit - more than enough choice. Although there was a self service coffee machine, it was a nice touch that the waiting staff would prepare a ‘proper’ coffee, espresso if asked.

The bedrooms, were ok. Probably in need of a bit of a refit and modernisation, in terms of the bathroom area but a big enough and comfortable enough bedroom area with plenty of wardrobe space. Sheets were clean and crisp and changed daily. No complaints.

All in all we were very satisfied with our stay and would happily stay again if we return to Napoli

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Destinationdick
Simona C, Direttore vendite at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Dick,

thank you so much for your very nice review.

We are really delighted to read that you loved your room and breakfast: our chef loves cooking cakes:-) and we are very happy to hear such good words dedicated to our staff and the bar of the hotel as well.

With reference to our location, we know that it could seem not so peaceful at first sight as it is quite caothic like in all station areas of big cities in the world but it is also very convenient to discover Naples and its attractions even in a few days due to its proximity to undergrounds and means of public transportation stops.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Grand Hotel Europa soon in the future again and meanwhile we remain with our

warmest regards from magic Naples:-)