Bonapace Porta Nolana Bed & Breakfast
US$180
US$165
US$137
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Europeo & Flowers(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$63
US$314
US$292
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Hotel Europa(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$125
US$239
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscroissantsboiled eggspaid eurosstayed here for nightsnaples baycomfy bedno lifttrainstationstreetcitykeysgiuseppecourtyarddryersuitcases
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Stayed here for 3 nights with my daughter. We were initially going to get the Ali bus to the B& B, but on reading reviews on how it may be difficult to find e-mailed Ermina to book the shuttle. On arrival at the airport, someone was there to meet us and take us to our place. When we got there we were mortified at the area, dirty, noisy and a bit 'iffy' to say the least. However we were greeted by a man (we never got to know his name!) and taken up 59! steps to the apartment, shown to our room, then asked to pay the hotel tax. The apartment is in a residential block where families lived, but they didn't bother us. We were pleasantly surprised by the inside. It was spacious, homely and clean. Yes it could do with a bit of refurb, but we found it to be acceptable for the price we paid. Our room was at the back (and quiet) which we asked for, although the scenery (if you could call it that was gross!) There were what appeared to be workshops in the courtyard, with resident seagull! haha. Wi- fi was super fast whilst we were there, and I even got it in my room, (although a bit hit and miss at times) We were able to utilise the fridge to put milk and water in, and use the kettle for drinks, (we took our own coffee) We only had breakfast on our last day which consisted of croissants, boiled eggs, bread rolls and cereal, which we paid 3 euros for, because it was convenient for us. We got a taxi back to the airport on departure at a cost of 16 euros, (not cheap, but convenient) Which was booked by the proprietor. Plus side, central to stations and some sightseeing areas, and harbour. Friendly staff. Clean. Shower was always hot. Plenty of wardrobe/drawer space. Minus side. Housekeeper was very noisy early morning. There was a gap above our window which had been stuck with tape but still let noise and light in. Shower doors didn't close properly which resulted in water all over the floor. We found if you faced the shower towards the wall it wasn't as bad. We got used to the area, just be vigilant as you would be in any city. Don't pay for the shuttle bus. It cost us 30 euros one way!! When we visit Naples again we will use the local transport now we know what its like. Bear in mind that the majority of hotels are in high rise buildings surrounded by trash and noise. This apartment is no different from the outside.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are at the back, we requested and got one. Ignore the filthy courtyard and noise from what appear to be workshops.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We chose this place because it was near the train and got very high reviews on TripAdvisor. I guess I should have read all the poor reviews, because for me, this place was both sketchy and frustrating. It is true, that the interior is pleasant. The person who greeted us was friendly and helpful about our stay and about where to go around Naples and how to get around. However, there were many things that were difficult or disappointing, or even kind of gross.
First, they did send us directions how to find it, but... this place is seriously difficult to find, and more detailed directions would have been much appreciated. Second, yes, the area it is in feels incredibly sketchy - by night, the streets are ankle deep in trash. There is also no lift, just keep in mind, for getting your suitcases up and down the many stairs.
The room was pleasant, but the shower had clearly not been cleaned, because used packets of shampoo had been left behind on the floor of it by the previous guest. There was no safe for our passports, etc; there was no phone (more on that later); and there was certainly no other things like hair drier (that was outside in the hall wardrobe; luckily, we noticed that the extra toilet paper was in there, too, because they only give you one roll and it's cheap and used up very quickly.)
The breakfast is fine but minimal: boiled eggs, dry cereal, and breads/pastries. No yogurt, fruit, cheese, meats, etc. We bought some fruit from the market to supplement, since there was no fridge to store yogurt or cheese in.
But the things that were the hardest were the Wifi, and lack of availability of the concierge. Wifi didn't work in our room the entire 3 days, ever. He said he would restart the router, but it NEVER worked. It worked in the lobby the first afternoon, and the last day before we left. My problem was, I had no roaming package, and I needed to communicate with my husband who was meeting up with us and arriving later. I wanted to avoid roaming costs by using the Wifi, so when it still didn't work that evening, I tried contacting the staff using the business card they gave me; I texted, and telephoned (using my own roaming minutes, since there was no phone at the front desk or in my room); and the first 2 times, whoever answered just hung up on me. The third and fourth time, I spoke with someone who said Giuseppe would be coming 'pronto' and then hung up on me again. No one ever answered my texts, and Giuseppe never called me or tried to get back to me about the issue over the next 2 days.
I was pretty annoyed at being forced to pay roaming not only to coordinate with my husband but also for all these repeated, failed attempts at communication (and anything else I needed to use my phone for). We hadn't yet paid for breakfast (3 euros/person), but I figured the least they could do was spot us the 2 days of breakfasts. When I said as much to the staff person on our last morning, he resisted at first, and tried to defend the situation (not a good business practice). But he eventually agreed that we should not have to pay for breakfast, so in the end, I felt like I at least got something in exchange for all the hassle; but it would have been really nice to have Wifi during the time we were there for a number of reasons, and I was highly disappointed that no one ever tried to reach out or communicate with me about the issue after I had sent texts and made all those phone calls. It just doesn't seem professionally run or cleaned, and I would definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Everything you've read here about the outside is true. Sketchy, 3rd world dumpy etc. Truly a weird location for such a nice place. Why even stay here, right? Well you are crazy close to the station so this is the place for convenience. If you are a beginner traveller looking to play it safe, don't stay here. IF you can handle a little strangeness getting to the front door, then bring it on. Inside is very clean, very well done and staff are amazing. Wifi is a little bad but workable. Breakfast is very good.

So if you can get over the entrance and immediate neighbourhood, this place is well worth staying at.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave D
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Very welcoming, helpful and comfortable. Not for the fussy traveller but for the independent flexible traveller. In the old part of Napoli close to main train station and walking distance to the old city. Greeted by friendly and helpful staff member who made a very good breakfast the next morning. No staff on duty after 3 pm when I arrived but felt very safe. Went out to get dinner about 7 pm fabulous ristorante just a few steps away. Good place to stay, good value and the care was first class.

Room Tip: No elevator but was helped with bringing in suitcase. Room facing courtyard, lovely breeze and view of Mt Vesuvius.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

Nowhere, really!
First off, the area surrounding the bed and breakfast is one of the most prominent nuclei of the tradition and folklore of the city, right next to all the transport facilitations you could need (or want)!
Second, the bed and breakfast is an amazingly cozy, warm and welcoming place to be, with a staff made up by Sanju (multiple language speaking, constantly smiling man from Sri Lanka) and two both professional and cordial owners: Pippo and Erminia!
ABSOLUTELY recommended!!