“Annual Family Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Description: La Renella bakery is located in Rome in the heart of Trastevere. Since 1870 it has been making bread through traditional methods and genuine ingredients, to offer its customers daily bread, pizza and cakes of high quality, cooked in a wood oven. From dawn to night, the fragrance travels through all the nearby streets, intriguing tourists and beyond. La Renella offers a wide range of breads, pizzas and sweets to customers, all strictly made with high quality ingredients, flour, extra virgin olive oil, without the addition of animal fat. La Renella is a tribute to this old traditional area. The name Renella derives, in fact, from “arenella”, which comes in turn from the Latin “arenula”, the river sand which, deposited by the Tiber, formed at this point on the bank of the river a sandy shore (in Italian “arenile”) in the periods of low freshwater flow. Here there was a small bathing establishment before the construction of the banks. The restaurant develops in length and it can accomodate many people to taste products. The main entrance is on via del Moro 15 while the secondary one is on via del Politeama 19/27.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We love this place! This is the third year we've made a tradition of stopping for lunch while touring Trastevere.
Pizza selections are very delicious and always tasty and fresh.
Our driver was surprised to find us going there and told me that he and his family go there every Sunday!
Enjoy!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were saved many an evening in Trastevere by La Renella! The bakery was 1 block away from our hotel, so when we were too tired (or hungry too early) to go out to a restaurant, we would stop by La Renella for pizza to go! Their pizza was by far my favorite during our stay in Rome, with a lovely crunchy thin crust. Their cookies also happen to be quite delicious, too!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Great pizzeria and bakery. I didn't try the baked goods but the pizza was delicious and had so many options i didn't know which one to try... Would love to go back... like Right Now!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 25 February 2018

This is a very simple shop. They have a bunch of pizzas on display, as well as some sweet stuff. I tried a few of their pizzas, and all of them were made out of dreams. Amongst many amazing pizzas that were had in Rome, this was the best. It's not a sit down place, but there's a bar area you can lean on and eat.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

This was my second trip to Rome and I could not wait to get back here to have some pizza and bread. It was just as I remembered from my first trip! The bread was outstanding and the pizza delicious! If you are anywhere near Trastevere, you have to stop. Wish I could ship the bread to the states!!!

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to La Renella? Share your experiences!