See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

I would be hard pressed to overstate how wonderful our experience was. Great location, immaculate care, like staying at a friend's home. The owner/manager was involved in every detail and invested in the quality of our trip. Considering the price was half that of a major chain, the quality really is outlandish.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2016

We arrived at 4pm and were not made aware when booking through an outside source that after 4pm during the week no one would be there. We did see someone the second and third night we were there, but the week day that we arrived, the person who normally was there had to leave which left no one. Upon arriving, we literally had to keep ringing the outside buzzer for about twenty minutes until someone from another office in the building let us in. Ten minutes later after tracking down the hotel number and calling, a staff member drove back and explained they left us instructions folded up outside in an envelope. There were three keys needed and a code. We would have never known that paper was for us unless she told us. We didn't have a problem with our luggage, but an elderly person may have trouble climbing the stairs with their luggage until they reach the first floor that does have an elevator. The staff was very nice and friendly. The breakfast was so so. The room was clean however we had a room with two beds and my bed was bad. You could feel every spring. There was no air the first night and we were miserable. They did apologize and turn it on the second night. I did love the big window though above the street.

Room Tip: Ask about the beds.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2016

Overall an average quality room and acceptable bathroom but with a distinct lack of hot water (the staff acknowledged this, but could not do anything and refused any compensation). I grapple to understand the high ratings.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

The hotel is in the center, close to the Spanish steps. The room was good, and the atmosphere was very comfortable and cozy. The breakfast was great, very tasty. But the best thing was the service............ And not expensive at all.......

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2015

A few steps from Via Veneto, many restaurants, Piazza di Spagna. Martina, Rosalba, Simona and Opu were great in every way. It could really be a top notch facility, but badly needs updating. The bed in the first room we stayed was hard as a rock. Same in the second room, but you could also feel the coils on the surface. They put 2 blankets under the sheet and it was still unbearable. New bath fixtures, but not even a small shelf, dirty shower door. Carpets and drapes have been there since who knows when.
Nowhere on their website does it state that front desk has very limited hours. One night, our primitive room card would not open. Another guest, my husband and me tried over 20 times without results. The emergency phone posted in the lobby had an answering machine. I finally rummaged around behind desk and found regular key. We almost had to go to another hotel.
I relied on Tripadvisor reviews, but they were not accurate.
There are many marble steps without handrail before you get to elevator lobby. Someone spilled water on that marble lobby floor and it stayed there for 2 days. This caused me to slip and fall, fracturing my humerus and breaking several teeth. We had go to the hospital and then to private dr. and dentist. The last week of vacation was cancelled.
Unless they invest in some creature comforts, I would tell everyone to avoid this place.

Stayed: October 2015