All reviewsmanzoni metro stationair conditionerbreakfast was includedevery morningbus
Reviewed 8 December 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in Nov 2014 with two friends.

Pros: We had free pasta dinner on our first night (Thursday) which was nice.
Having a kitchen to cook in (very small though).
Rooms were clean.
Close walking distance to Colosseum, Turini, metro. (also G. Fassi - the best gelato!)
Breakfast is free.

Cons: front-desk staff gave us the wrong change when we were paying and then argued with us when we said it wasn't the right amount. She came back to our room about an hour later and gave us the money she owed us, and apologized (10 euros each).
Front-desk gave us wrong metro directions to some sites/neighbourhoods we wanted to check out.
Front-desk wasn't there twice when we came back to the hostel - WE HAD TO WAIT OUTSIDE 20 MINUTES! Also when we were checking out early Sunday morning, the guy at the front desk was sleeping and we waited ONE HOUR FOR HIM! Unacceptable when we have a shuttle and airplane to catch.
Area is kind of sketchy and not well-lit -- not very close to much, so you have to take the metro a lot.
Breakfast leaves something to be desired. Small kitchen and food-wise, just cornflakes, small cheap toast, and coffee. (still free though!)

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jee B
Reviewed 16 November 2014

Stayed here in November 2014 and it was an amazing stay.

The location is really good as it is a walking distance to a metro station.

The room was nice and clean and well ventilated.

Would love to be back of course.

Manuel.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Manuel A
Reviewed 15 September 2014 via mobile

Been here in August, with a friend, two days.
Unfortunately, our rooms where in a different place ( I didn't noticed that while booking) but the lady at reception (very nice, like all staff) gave us for the second night two rooms in the same palace!
Place is very clean, and position is perfect. Also, you can have pasta some days of the week for dinner (I didn't tried, but I'm sure that is very good)
So : nice staff, nice place, and one of the cheapest prices of all Rome hostels. I'll come back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Don't stay here. Rome is awesome but this hostel sucks. During my stay I was bitten at least 25 times by bed bugs and was horrified when I woke in the middle of the night to scratching. I went to the front desk (which was sleeping on the couch out front) to tell them about my bites and the lady working repeatedly denied that they were bed bugs and tried to convince me that mosquitos bit me 20 or so times. With that said, they 100% have bed bugs, my friend was bitten as well and they aren't doing a dang thing about it. Also breakfast was bad too. If you want to stay in a bed bug free hostel, this is not the one for you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kiangreene
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We found this hostel to be really well located if you want to go and see the sights of rome, breakfast is included and the free pasta on Tuesday and Thursday makes it perfect for Interailing. The room was quite small but very clean. Overall a good place to stay for its price

• Stayed: July 2014