“Great food and cool atmosphere! ”

Pico's Taqueria & American Grill
Reserve with
Pico's Taqueria & American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,422 of 12,676 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Description: Authentic Mexican and American cuisine street food situated in Trastevere. Tacos and quesadillas with different fillings, all proudly made with fresh ingredients by Mexican cooks, typical american brunches with pancakes, bagels, eggs with bacon, soul food and (wow) chicken & waffles! And beer.
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Cool place, friendly, really great food! We had nachos and quesadilla for lunch, this place did really exceed our expectations.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I've grown up in Texas which is notorius for some great Mexican food, this matched and even surpassed most of my favorite places back in Texas. Highly reccomend!

GuestRelationsMng8r, Guest Relations Manager at Pico's Taqueria & American Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Could not have recieved a better review!
Thank you so much, we will be waiting for you for Taco Tuesday!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

First time there my burger took 30 minutes but the hostess gifted me a beer for my troubles, burger was worth the wait. Because of the hostess looking after me decided to return for more tacos and chicken and waffles! Well played. Tasty tacos, good burger, chicken and waffles, everything a man could want while fully clothed.

Dear Matt,
Thank you for this great review!
Sorry if you had to wait for the first time, sometimes we just have so many guests!
We are really glad you came back, and will be waiting to see you again for Taco Tuesday, maybe? :)

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I'm an American living in Rome for work. And there are days that I'm over having Italian food. I don't want pasta. I don't want pizza. I want something else.

I want Picos. And lately, I've been jonesing for Picos several times a week. With no guilt. WHATSOEVER.

There are tacos here. And I mean, Tacos. Not chingaderas. TACOS. Full of flavor and the not-so-easy ingredients to get in Rome. There's Modelo Especial and Negro which I couldn't not believe the first time I came here.

When I go, and I go often, I order tacos Pastor, Nachos (Pastor or Res) with extra guacamole and cheese--sacrilege to some but who cares? The tacos Pastor is marinated pork in a special chili sauce. It also has cilantro, onions, and roasted pineapples. Strange to me at first, but I have never gone back. My husband loves the burritos and the quesadillas. The burritos are really big! And the quesadillas come in either chicken, just cheese, or tinga di pollo. For clarification, Tinga Di Pollo is a chipotle type sauce. I welcome you to try!

There aren't just tacos, there are sandwiches ( pulled pork and Philly cheesesteaks, burgers, chicken wings, and even breakfast. You can even get chicken and waffles which I haven't tried yet.

The decor is simple and expressive keeping in line with the taqueria vibe. The bathrooms are clean. The space is small but no too small to bring a friend, or two, or five, or ten!

You have to visit Picos. Bring your friends! And if your too lazy, they do deliveries via Deliveroo. Eat by yourself. If it's one thing for sure, your gonna eat. And the food will be damned good. I know it!

Dear Shina,
Your review totally made our day!
We work really hard to bring all the authentic ingredients to Pico's, and we are so glad you appreciated that!
Hope to see you again soon with your husband and friends!
Keep in touch with us on Facebook or Instagram, would love to meet you in person!
Pico's Team.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We can take it as read that Italy has one of the world's great cuisines, but just once in a while you may care to ring the changes with some Mexican delights. Pico's food here is very tasty, you have the choice of sauce from mild to mass destruction and can wash it all down with a cooling Corona. The place opened just one month ago so they are still finding their feet, but the owner, Max, wants to add tamales to the menu for the authentic Mexican touch. We ate a taco pastor and a veggie taco and they certainly hit the spot. The tortillas are made of maize for the genuine Mexican touch, but they offer burrito for those used to Tex Mex. Orale compadre!

Dear guest,
Thank you for this awesome review!
Max says hello and ...you are always welcome back!