Al Centro Storico di Roma
Ranked #3,119 of 3,741 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Strategic position.
I was in Rome this month just before arriving in asia. I had promised the owner that I would modestly commended its structure, and the word ... maintained.
I chose this B & B on the advice of Marco, a friend of mine who lives in Rome, in the historic center of Rome, but the main reason has been its strategic position in the historical center of the town, a few minutes from the Colosseum and Piazza Venezia. This is perfect for those who wish to visit the central areas of the city. The rooms, are nice and spacious, but my second room was equipped with a very new bathroom. I had a new room because I had a little problem with the bathroom, and the owner very kindly worked hard to find me a new location, in a very fast time ( thank you ). Breakfast is included in the price, and it's quite rich. So I want to recommend this B & B to all those who don't intend to spend a lot of euro, and want clean place, quiet and in a real strategic location. Bye Bye my beautiful ROMA, I miss you !

Room Tip: Look up the rooms, before deciding which one to choose
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beatriz A

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We had three rooms for two nights, it was a very clean B&B which included breakfast every morning. Due to our plane departure we had to leave the hotel around 4:30am the morning of our checkout- The hotel manager brought us our breakfast around 3:45 that morning so we could eat before we left, I thought that was exceptional service! The internet was off and on through out our stay, but we where in Rome so we didn't hang around the hotel a lot. The only thing I could say negative is the language barrier. They didn't speak English that well, and we had a someone who spoke Italian in our group, but they didn't speak Italian at all, this I find troubling since they are running a business in Rome.

Room Tip: There is a small luggage lift that is also used by persons of smaller size,(Child) So if you have tr...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deanne D
Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed in 2 rooms of this B&B just this month. We all loved the location and will most likely stay in the same area next time we visit rome. The colosseum and Roman Forum were just 10 mins away via Labicana. There was a pizzeria just next door and other restaurants around the area.

The B&B itself is looks new and there was free wifi and even a desktop computer with free internet access. The rooms were spacious. The owner was not around but his employee, Alom was always there to help us out.

The only issue our family had was when the owner wanted us to transfer to another B&B for our last night. The owner reasoned that there is a big problem with our rooms and he was willing to give us a steep discount and free transfers for our trouble. We later found out the real reason: there was another bigger group and the owner most likely double booked the rooms. I had a heated argument with the owner since we refused to transfer. The owner was really rude and even had the confidence to tell me that he had the right to transfer us!

I would have given this hotel a much better rating if only the owner respected the fact that we already fully paid the rooms and had every right to refuse the transfer.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank bluedragonph
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This tiny hotel isn't really a hotel, so much as a B&B without the owner hanging around. We had one of 3 rooms built into a charming apartment building. We did have difficulty finding the place as there is NO signage, only a tiny name on one of the 40 doorbell buttons. Even inside the first door, we couldn't figure out which way to go. (Stairs on the left, 3rd floor for the reception.) Unfortunately, in renovating into hotel rooms, all the charm of the period building has been wiped out of the rooms. The bathroom was modern and clean and the family room was small but we managed to keep from tripping over each other. Simple continental breakfast was delivered to the room each morning. Several reasonably priced restaurants within a few blocks. The hop on/off bus tour has a stop just across the street. 10 minute walk to the Colosseum.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sarahinnetherlands
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed here for only 2 nights and would not stay there again. We first were sent to another hotel when we arrived to check in as they said their air conditioner was not working. This at 1am in the morning.....We believe that they put someone else in the room or the room was just not ready. What was horrible was that we were not contacted about this change and had to wait on streets of Roma alone waiting for them to respond to us and get another taxi to the other hotel. Neither hotel were english speaking which made the stressful situation even worse. Then we were advised when we woke at the other hotel that we had to catch a taxi back to the other at 10am to check back into Al Centro....When there we were told our rooms were not ready and that we would have to take our bags around Rome with us!!! Instead we stood our ground and said this complication was going to ruin our 1 day in Rome so they agreed on keeping our luggage there. Lastly when asked that evening if they could book us a taxi to the main train station they blatantly refused saying they only book to the airport!! I mean come on what kind of service are they running at this hotel.....Actually it isn't even a hotel it's a room for rent and DON'T RENT IT!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends