“Explore Rome from here!”

Al Centro Storico di Roma
Ranked #3,163 of 3,780 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here before we went to Frascati.Great place to explore Rome from.Within walking distance from central train station.Was given a warm welcome and no hassles at all.Would stay there again. Breakfast could be a little better. Liked this place

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank philipandclaire

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Best described as...interesting. First off, I have to say it's a very good location, and very good value for money. I'd probably return, knowing what I know now. We had the 3 person room (there were 3 of us!). Having read the issues of finding this 'hotel', I emailed the owner with a Google Streetview screenshot to confirm the location. He replied quickly confirming it. Also, having read that credit cards were not accepted, I emailed about this and was told that of course they were. So, we eventually found it - wish I'd taken the streetview pic. Be aware that the rooms are in a block of apartments, and you'll need to use the left hand set of buzzers. Be patient when buzzing...the rooms are on the 3rd floor and it'll take him a while to get down. He just managed to get himself and 3 cases into the lift (elevator). Smallest. Lift. Ever. Bedroom was ok, bathroom could use some tlc, especially mould and mildew remover around the shower and the ceiling above it flaking. Breakfast was interesting. Wasn't expecting much, but a perfectly acceptable continental breakfast was delivered at the time requested. Nowhere to eat it though. A small box of rice krispies was included. Unfortunately, the owner supplied no bowl (or milk) and when I asked for one, he suggested that I eat them dry, out of the packet. Oh well, it takes all sorts! The advertised internet wasn't working on the day we got there. I was assured that the 'technician' was sorting it out the next day - still wasn't working 2 days later. Also, the lock on our (sliding door) bathroom didn't work, and when I asked what was going on he said this was "normal". I think not. Came to settle up, and I presented my credit card. "Oh no" and a shake of the head was the response. I pointed out to him that I'd emailed previously and he'd said it was ok, and he reluctantly produced a credit card machine (although he insisted the local tax be paid by cash). I hope he replaced the keys (you need 4) that he dropped down the lift shaft when we were leaving, but I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't! Basically a 1-man operation so don't expect miracles. Oh, and I suggest you wear earplugs to bed if you're sleeping there on Friday morning. He gets his weekly food delivery at 5:15am, and it takes forever for him to answer the door. The buzzer is VERY loud and the delivery person does a VERY good job of ringing it. As I said, everything considered, I'd stay again. Forewarned is forearmed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Owlhelm
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I paid for a room in hotel in Rome and it was nothing close to it. the place has no name, no identification on the street. I was looking for it with paper on hand until a person open the door of a "condominium building" I asked and they directed me to a third floor on a very narrow lift (one person only) once I arrived there was and apartment door open and that was the "hotel" a flat that rents rooms with no other service around. The person in charge didn't speak English. total disaster.
I am complaining to the agency that sold me this service as a hotel room, where there is like a clandestine place renting rooms inside a flat without any identification name.

Room Tip: be careful do not choose this place
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Rifalda
Reviewed 25 March 2013

A very clean place. Room was not very big but large enough for resting after long walks around rome. Breakfast was continental and although not very exciting was sufficient ready for a busy day ahead. The chap on reception was very friendly and pleasant and helpful although English and Italian limited. All in all brilliant location to get to everywhere, conveniently located 15 min walk from termini station and around 10 mins from the collaseum. Pleasant neighbourhood, felt safe. Good value

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helsbels2013
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Hi
I travelled with my teenage daughter. It was a bit hard to find as we didn't understand the building. and stood outside looking at the bells!. However once we rang the bell we were welcomed warmly and shown every curtesy.
They could do with a picture of the door so you understand where you ring!"We were pleased with the room. It was spacious and very clean.breakfast was delivered every morning.If you are on a buget this is a little gem. Nice clean towels sheets etc. The collesum was less than 3minutes away. Just around the corner!. We were stunned it was so near.The sights were easy to walk to.Just note the termini was a short walk(10 min or less) and the bus to the airport was $4 euros! compared to $48euros for a taxi! Also go to the termi to buy any bus tickets as they have better offers on for winter There was a good selection of shops to buy food very near and several resteruants. We found the best was manuelle? which is left out the door to the bottom of the road cross the road and go up to the top of road. It had wonderful home made foods especially desserts. I would say it is a grown up traveller place .Not a hotel but much much better than English B&B. All in al a little gem.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family