See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 October 2014 via mobile

The hotel wasn't that great on the whole but the hospitality of the guy managing it made up for it.. The hotel is situated in the best of the areas- next to a bus stop and a tram stop. 2 metro stations within 5 mins of walking, one of them being 'termini', the centre of time, which is connected to everywhere.. All in all a great experience.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This is NOT a hotel...more of a guest house really. Several rooms in an apartment complex on the Via Merculana.

The rooms were small but serviceable and clean. There was no hot water for my morning shower but there was the night before for my wife's.

The location is decent: a brisk walk from the main train station, a light walk to the Colliseum and a 45 minute trudge from the Trevi fountain. The neighbourhood seemed quite nice and lively along the Via Mervulana but we didn't have the time to go local.

Perhaps the worst thing about our stay was the strong body odor of the gentleman who both checked us in and out the next morning. Whoa Nelly!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blutomattey
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here before we went to Frascati.Great place to explore Rome from.Within walking distance from central train station.Was given a warm welcome and no hassles at all.Would stay there again. Breakfast could be a little better. Liked this place

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank philipandclaire
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Best described as...interesting. First off, I have to say it's a very good location, and very good value for money. I'd probably return, knowing what I know now. We had the 3 person room (there were 3 of us!). Having read the issues of finding this 'hotel', I emailed the owner with a Google Streetview screenshot to confirm the location. He replied quickly confirming it. Also, having read that credit cards were not accepted, I emailed about this and was told that of course they were. So, we eventually found it - wish I'd taken the streetview pic. Be aware that the rooms are in a block of apartments, and you'll need to use the left hand set of buzzers. Be patient when buzzing...the rooms are on the 3rd floor and it'll take him a while to get down. He just managed to get himself and 3 cases into the lift (elevator). Smallest. Lift. Ever. Bedroom was ok, bathroom could use some tlc, especially mould and mildew remover around the shower and the ceiling above it flaking. Breakfast was interesting. Wasn't expecting much, but a perfectly acceptable continental breakfast was delivered at the time requested. Nowhere to eat it though. A small box of rice krispies was included. Unfortunately, the owner supplied no bowl (or milk) and when I asked for one, he suggested that I eat them dry, out of the packet. Oh well, it takes all sorts! The advertised internet wasn't working on the day we got there. I was assured that the 'technician' was sorting it out the next day - still wasn't working 2 days later. Also, the lock on our (sliding door) bathroom didn't work, and when I asked what was going on he said this was "normal". I think not. Came to settle up, and I presented my credit card. "Oh no" and a shake of the head was the response. I pointed out to him that I'd emailed previously and he'd said it was ok, and he reluctantly produced a credit card machine (although he insisted the local tax be paid by cash). I hope he replaced the keys (you need 4) that he dropped down the lift shaft when we were leaving, but I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't! Basically a 1-man operation so don't expect miracles. Oh, and I suggest you wear earplugs to bed if you're sleeping there on Friday morning. He gets his weekly food delivery at 5:15am, and it takes forever for him to answer the door. The buzzer is VERY loud and the delivery person does a VERY good job of ringing it. As I said, everything considered, I'd stay again. Forewarned is forearmed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Owlhelm
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I paid for a room in hotel in Rome and it was nothing close to it. the place has no name, no identification on the street. I was looking for it with paper on hand until a person open the door of a "condominium building" I asked and they directed me to a third floor on a very narrow lift (one person only) once I arrived there was and apartment door open and that was the "hotel" a flat that rents rooms with no other service around. The person in charge didn't speak English. total disaster.
I am complaining to the agency that sold me this service as a hotel room, where there is like a clandestine place renting rooms inside a flat without any identification name.

Room Tip: be careful do not choose this place
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo