1,393 results
All reviews les etoiles vatican city rooftop bar peter's basilica top floor breakfast room deluxe room trip to rome the air conditioning rooms are small breakfast is served public transport pastries fantastic location trevi fountain airport shutters
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Hotel is very close to the Vatican with a spectacular roof top bar with great views of the vatican. Rooms are average and could do with a bit of updating! But the room was adequate for just sleeping! There are a lot of good restaurants close by walking distance. Very caring staff, great for a 3 night stay! Breakfast was good with a lovely continental style again the view from the restaurant overlooks the City. One thing to be mindful of the restaurant in the evening is closed Mondays! Overall a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This hotel is not stunning to look ar from the outside, but inside it makes up for it in, wonderful caring staff, old style decor, a hotel that puts people before anything else. I had an issue, which required a room change. This hotel staff went above and beyond what I would ever have expected, and made it all so much easier for me.
Thank you to the staff in every area of this hotel, you make it what it is.

Room tip: Insure you book a room that suits your needs. Rooms are relatively small, but that is Europe
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The only thing going for it is it's location. It's close to the Vatican & walking distance to central Rome. The roof top bar is also lovely. We can't comment on the restaurant because it was booked out for functions the whole time we were there & couldn't access it. Our room was tiny. Comparable to b&b rooms we had paid €30/night for elsewhere. We complained after we first checked in & when I mentioned that it looked nothing like the picture of a "superior double room" on Booking. com, the attendant at the desk shrugged & said "Well that's just a picture. Maybe we'll have a better room tomorrow. " Needless to say we heard nothing & after 6 weeks of travelling with pretty positive hotel experiences, we didn't want to waste our time arguing with them but rather got on & enjoyed the sights.
I also made the mistake of leaving a bag of washing to be done. I asked for a rough ball-park figure before I left it (which other hotels have been happy to provide). The attendant at the desk said he was unable to provide any idea of a price range but assured us it would be "an average price similar to everywhere else." When I collected my washing the following day, they coolly handed me a bill for €75 and also informed me that it must be paid in cash. A similar bag previously cost us €20 elsewhere.
I couldn't help but feel we were throwing money away on this leg of our holiday. Very disappointed overall with what I thought was going to be one of the nicer stops on our itinerary.
Would definitely not recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Actually, I've only been on their wonderful terrace to take aperitivo, I've been there few times, I must say, but everytime I was so inspired by the view- You can see from the top terrace, St. Peter Church, like you are looking at that from the top of a hill or a helycopter...And you see all Rome, all around...

Room tip: nice hotel, but the view...You won't find something so special in Rome....Bella bella
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This hotel is very conveniently located to visit the Vatican and St. Peters but also within walking distance of the Pantheon and Trevi fountain. The roof terrace and bar have amazing views of St. Peters and the area around it. We booked a 3 bedded room which seemed to be more like a twin room with a sofa bed so not overly roomy but it was comfortable and well furnished with good air conditioning. Generally speaking the rooms are not very big for a hotel of this standard.The wifi worked very well. We did not eat at the hotel but the dining room looked very stylish.The staff were all very helpful and we could not fault this hotel for the price we paid. If we one day return to Rome we would certainly stay at the hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2017