“Great Find!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Colonna
Description: Ristoranti via dei Pastini
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Recommended to us by our tour guide, we were pleasantly surprised by this little gem! The food was absolutely delicious and service was great! Would definitely go back next time we're in Rome. Worth a stop - make reservations!

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Truly great food. The cacio pepe pasta was the best I've tasted. Also a delicious fresh pasta and truffle dish. We had four different dishes and they were all good. I would recommend when in Rome.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for lunch today because we recently had good experiences at the little bistros on this block. Well, choosing Garbini today was a bad choice. The waitress was initially friendly and then after bringing our appetizer of assorted meats and cheeses (which was good), she completely lost interest in serving us. A table of Europeans came in and she decided to serve them exclusively. About 40 minutes after we finished our appetizer, she finally brought out my wife's pasta. We then sat for about 10 minutes before she brought my pasta. I could tell we were inexplicably no longer welcome, so when she clanked my plate onto the table, I asked for the check. Of course, she sneered and made me wait about 25 minutes for the check to arrive. 37 euro for virtually no service and old pasta during a miserable hour and a half meal. This was so unnecessary, the waitress didn't even attempt to apologize. Nor was there an apology from the owner/manager whose sole mission all day seems to be standing in the street greeting his friends. This place is deliberately bad.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

The food is simple and reliable. Wait staff and managers have a great sense of humor. Wine list is a bit low end but there are a few finds. Sit outside and watch the parade that seems to flow from 10am to midnight.

Reviewed 21 March 2015

We selected this restaurant as the on street promoter was less pushy than the others. It was busy and we were given a glass while waiting for a table. It all started well to the point of ordering after which it went wrong. The diners at the adjoining table who arrived at the same time as us received their starters from their cheerful waitress while we waited and waited... Our waitress seemed to have her mind on other things. She came out to have a fag and talk on her mobile phone. She then brought our starters. The wait for the main course was even longer, our fellow diners were about to leave when it arrived. As we were finishing our waitress came out again to stand across the road for more nicotine and a lengthy phone conversation. We wanted the bill, it seemed like she was the only one who could provide it and she wasn't in the mood to end her phone call even in spite of a request from another waitress. She responded aggressively to my mild rebuke, she called this time off a normal break. She spoiled our meal which took two hours because of her deplorable inattention. She deserves to be dismissed. Can't remember much about the food. Cost 71 euros for two courses for two. No tip.

1  Thank EmperorJustinian

Been to Garbini 1842? Share your experiences!