The Westin Excelsior, Rome
US$315
US$272
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$321/night.

US$194
US$121
US$204
US$155
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

iQ Hotel Roma(Rome)
US$95
US$93
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$69
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$349
US$247
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$115
Barocco Hotel(Rome)
US$382
US$275
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$358/night.

US$298
US$156
2,475 results
All reviewsvia venetoheavenly bedstarwood pointsspanish stepsamerican embassybeautiful hotelconcierge deskclassic hotelvilla borghesesteam roombusiness centerupgraded to a suitemarble bathroomtrevi fountainfive star hotelrooms are largehotel restaurant
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We love the location of this hotel. It's older but well kept. Restaurant and bar are delightful. Be sure to confirm your room. You will want a king deluxe. The beds are very comfortable and the baths are a good size. Close to fine restaurants, Spanish Steps and beautiful parks.

Room Tip: Insist on a king deluxe room or a suite. The other rooms are quite small.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
MarcL2018, General Manager at The Westin Excelsior, Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Patty C
Thank you for saying we are a beautiful hotel with touch for quality
Arrivederci !

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel was wonderful. Heavenly beds are just that!!! Had trouble getting out of bed every morning!!! Hotel staff fantastic. Especially housekeepers and houseman. One houseman knew I liked those daily chocolates so he gave me extras!!! Concierge staff was wonderful with restaurant recommendations! Elizabetta was sweet and generous recommending Tierra Bocca. Had my first Octopus (appetizer). Also Andrea helped me greatly with arranging shipment of Fed ex box back to myself in the US. Thanl you Andrea..... however Front Desk service could be better. Consistent “fake” service smiles. No overwhelming friendliness. Check in was ok but got to my room and had several issues. One phone on the table didn’t work. One outlet under the desk didn’t work. Not enough hangars for one week stay which isn’t anyone’s fault. But when I told Front Desk about these issues it took almost 2 hours for someone to come assist. Had to go to desk twice. Also I knew that I wanted to use pool and jacuzzi during my stay but Front Desk gave WEAK directions. Pointed me toward regular elevator to -1 level but after 2 days one of the houseman finally walked me to the NEWER bigger elevator that is what you need to use to get to the pool and jacuzzi. Seems like this fancy of hotel someone should have walked me on the first request since it is so confusing. The normal guest elevator only takes you down to the business center which also the front desk never mentioned business center opportunity either. Minibar in room is ok but when I get free bottles of water each day I try to put them
Into the “open space” in the mini bar but there isn’t enough room so I tried to put on top of the items in there but it would “move” those items and think I took those items and charge my bill. Had a lot of minibar items had to dispute at departure and they did it quickly like it happens all the time. Maybe just leave the entire top shelf of the minibar empty so guests can choose to refrigerate their bottles of water? Finally at checkout agents extremely rude would not allow me to use my left over Euro to apply to my bill. Told me that they cannot allow a “rebate” to my credit card. Basically they said I need to present Euro forward my final bill at the beginning of my stay. This makes NO sense. I have to have some Euro in my pocket each day while I’m out seeing the city. Some places don’t take credit cards you have to have some Euros. So if I commit Euros at the beginning of my stay to my final bill I have. I have no idea how much to commit and how much to keep. The idea is I don’t want to end up taking a lot of Euro back to America because I lose value selling them back. Not very conscientious toward traveling Americans!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear Bill S
Thank you for your constructive feedback this is very important to me as it helps us to improve our service.
Happy to read that the hotel staff was fantastic ! and that some exceeded your expectations
I have shared your comments with all so we know where we can personalize better and give the service you deserve
Apologies for not delivering the extra hangers on time and the lack of information on the way to get to and
from the rooms and to and from the fitness center.
Regarding the mini-bar we indeed have an automated system that uses sensors. when you remove an item it is charged
automatically to your bill.
On the upper shelf we have 6 spaces for your own use but they only hold space for cans. There are also 6 glasses so if you
remove those you can lay your bottles of water to refresh
The lower shelves are for sale including the bottled water (sparkling and still) that are for sale
Regarding the check-out I apologize for any inconvenience. Guest can decide to pay in cash or credit card or part of it at the
moment of check-out. The credit card given at check-in is only to guarantee the extras. I will make sure the proper attitude
and training is giving.
Looking forward to welcome you again

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here three nights over the Easter Weekend. Very friendly and helpful staff. Gorgeous royal rooms with comfortable big beds. Enjoyed pool
And steam room. Breakfast is generous and suited my entire family. Able to find well priced restaurants nearby for our family of 5. Highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
MarcL2018, General Manager at The Westin Excelsior, Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear meggiep1234
Thank you for giving us the maximum score of 5/5 and for “highly recommend” our
hotel
Arrivederci !

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Just checked inn at hotel and upon 3 times being confirmed for king bed we have been provided a twin bed.... A couple is being alloted twin bed dispite being booked for king bed.....

Upon compain they changed the room but this alloted room is quite smaller then the one we booked and even this room does not have basic amenities like tea and coffee maker... upon contacting guest relations they told the dont provide it here... Cable tv also wasnt active and after around 45 mnts to service call they started it...

Totally disappoined and didnt expect this sort of service from a hotel brand like this... wish this stay gets over asap...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blownbuddha
MarcL2018, General Manager at The Westin Excelsior, Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Blownbuddha
I apologize that we did not give you the bedding type you requested and that you
had to change room. None of our rooms do have tea nor coffee makers as being
located in a historic building by law we are not allowed. We offer a free cup of tea
or coffee per person per day via the Room Service and a free coffee/tea station
at the restaurant from 07.00am till 11.00am. As reviews are anonymous and you
mention that you just checked-in please do contact our Duty Manager for any
assistance we can give you.
Best regards

Reviewed 28 March 2018

This is the third visit for my wife and I to this hotel over 20 years. In my opinion the Excelsior is one of the true Grande Dame's in the industry and at a minimum in Rome. Unfortunately she has not kept pace with the times. Now I preface my comments with a warning that we just came from another Starwood property in Florence, the St. Regis, which was one of the best we have stayed in. That said, I still do not accept the mediocrity that was provided to us for our two night stay. The staff was stand offish and inattentive from the doorman, the concierge, to the reception. My wife, who is GOLD SPG member made the reservation and was very explicit to our room. When arriving they were completely unprepared. We asked for a roll away for our daughter which I don't think is asking much. It was not in the room and would not have fit. My wife then looked at three other rooms before they had one that would meet our needs. Surprising there were few apologies. There was no welcome note to a gold, There was no bottled water present. The bellman were gracious but that is the best we can say for the service. The room was not terribly clean. The surroundings looked tired and worn. The concierge was always busy and we felt like we were intruding on their time. Upon check out there were no apologies and in fact there was an effort to collect charges that were inappropriate. All around very disappointing. I would strongly suggest looking at other properties. The Boscolo Exedra was truly amazing property that we went to last year. We are sad to say that we will not visit this Grande Dame again. I hope Westin/Starwood tries to make a better go of this.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floors are typically our favorites
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott P
MarcL2018, General Manager at The Westin Excelsior, Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Scott P
Thank you for coming back and I regret that we did not meet your expectations
I am happy you enjoyed your stay at the St Regis Florence which is indeed a stunning property
I apologize that our associates were not receptive and that you were not recognized as a Starwood
Preferred Gold Member and that we disappointed you.
I hope we will be given another opportunity to serve you better and please contact me
Best personal regards