Starhotels Metropole
US$232
US$180
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome(Rome)
US$234
US$173
Official Hotel Site
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$230/night.

Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$171
Domidea Hotel(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$50
2,359 results
All reviewstermini stationfree wifiexecutive roomexcellent hotelwithin walking distancebreakfast buffetpastriesstar hotelcomfortable hotelreception staffhop on hop off bustrevi fountainthe air conditioningconvenient locationstayed for nightsaround the cornerspanish steps
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay in this hotel. We had a deluxe room on the 4th floor facing inwards to courtyard and it was very nice and quiet for a busy city. The room was large and comfortable with tea/coffee making facilities and a mini bar.
Service was good and attentive and breakfasts better than normal for Italy with a good selection of dishes available, albeit not all warm enough for us.
I was concerned about some negative comments about the location I need not have been worried as we encountered no problems at all and the benefit of all types of Rome transport virtually on the doorstep surmounted any downside.
We took a shuttle bus from Fiumicino airport direct to the Termini station and it only cost E4 each way and was quick and easy.Recommended

Room Tip: We found deluxe room facing inwards excellent
1  Thank gollWestSussex
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This was an adequate hotel. We recently travelled with a Globus tour of Europe and stayed here two nights. It was clean and adequate. The staff were adequate; friendly enough in a distant kind of way. This was our first overseas visit and there were a few things that we were not used to - no coffee in the rooms, the rooms were hot (a/c is centrally controlled). If we had not been able to open a window to the cool night March air it would have been very uncomfortable. The lobby is nice and spacious. The breakfast is large and good (the eggs are not cooked to American standards - they're kinda raw). Very large and nice bathroom. Having travelled extensively in America our experiences in European hotels were very different. 'Just rolled it into part of the overall experience. Also, a general bit of advice; many European hotels do not provide wash clothes. Buy up a set of cheap ones to take with you and just throw them away after you've used them.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel and we definitely will stay here again.
The rooms are spacious, modern and clean with tea kettle and minibar. The reception is welcoming and ready to help. Breakfast is plentiful, though could offer slightly more variation. But the food quality is good. Service is perfect - all waiters are attentive.
The only thing I can come up with is that the hotel should consider is free WiFi in the rooms. However they offer free 30 mins WiFi in the lobby which is a very good option to check the email etc.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Clean hotel, rooms are large, I would rate it a 3 star (I travel a LOT), it's not a 4, no way. The staff don't know the meaning of being nice, polite or friendly (they sucked in fact). Overall a nice hotel but not great (we stayed in Venice one night at their Spendid Venice and it was far superior).

Room Tip: We had a street side room and it was fine in regards to any street noise.
1  Thank RCrumb
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the Starhotels Metropole for 4 nights for business reasons. It is in a very good location close to the Stazione Termini, so easily accessible when coming from the airport. It is close to a large shopping street and many sights such as the Colosseum and Roman Forum are in walking distance as well.
My room was very big and comfortable with a large bathroom. It had two single beds that made up a large double, there is a wide choice of pillows available and the room was very quiet, so I slept very well in the hotel. Small remarks regarding cleanliness of the room: when I arrived there were hairs on one of the beds and in the bathtub, probably from the housekeeping staff - apart from that it was spotless.
I liked the fact that the room has tea and coffee making facilities (tea and coffee is refilled everyday, so are toiletries in the bathroom). Breakfast is included in the room rate and consist of a large breakfast buffet. Even though it is a big hotel that seems to cater for tour groups as well, the breakfast restaurant was never overly crowded, food was there in good supply and I never had to queue. Waiters in the breakfast room are very friendly and make sure you have everything you need. I tried room service one morning and evening and again, food was of very good quality and plentiful and the staff was extremely friendly.
Unfortunately, I can't say the same of the staff at the reception. My check-in experience was quite unpleasant. I arrived late in the evening after a long day at work, followed by my flight to Rome. The staff checked me in, handed me my key card and some flyers without further comment. I had to ask them for standard information such as breakfast times and location as well as Internet connection. Wifi is free of charge for 30 mins in the lobby, but not in the rooms. I had to ask twice how to connect to the Wifi in the room and how much it is before they bothered to explain it to me. When I asked for directions to the conference center I had to go to the next morning, they just looked at the address I gave them, told me it was 15 mins away (not true, just 2 mins across the road) and didn't bother to make the effort to show it to me o the map they had just handed out to me. I was very annoyed by this experienced and didn't feel welcome at all. Given the fact that check-in is the first experience of guests in the hotel and can make or break the impression you get of the hotel. At a later stage I needed to print something and was direction to the business center (more a corner in the lobby with two computers and a printer). Usage is not free, even though wifi is for 30 mins, if you have your own laptop.... you pay 2 EUR for 15 mins of usage. When I asked, if they could print something for me they agreed to do so, but wouldn't have offered it themselves. What was also missing was general information regarding the hotel and its facilities in the rooms.
I am a bit torn with regards to my stay in the Starhotels Metropole: on the one hand, I was very comfortable in my room, Wifi worked well (which you'd hope when paying 11 EUR per day for it), breakfast was good and restaurant and housekeeping staff are very friendly. I was put off by the reception staff, the general paid Internet policy (in 4 star hotels that see themselves as business hotels it should be included in the room rate or at least less expensive) and the lack of information on the hotel in the room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business