US$252
US$195
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$340/night.

US$170
US$135
  • Fitness centre
Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$104
US$122
US$84
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$280
US$163
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$475
US$140
  • Pool
US$235
US$147
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$384
US$308
  • Restaurant
1,839 results
All reviewsvia del corsotrevi fountainperfect locationspanish stepswithin walking distancebritish airwaysbreakfast roombalcony overlookingdouble glazingwalked everywheregood sizepastriesmain roadstreet noisemain sightscold meatsfamily room
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My elderly friend and I booked this hotel via a British Airways flight and hotel package at a very good price for a four night stay with breakfast, in two single rooms. Having read the reviews and done our homework, we knew that Hotel Regno was going to be a good basic, traditional Rome hotel without any frills, very centrally located. So our expectations about the hotel were realistic from the outset and consequently my review is based on how much (little) we paid for our accommodation.

Previous comments about how well this hotel is located and very convenient for walking to most of the major sites were correct, as were the comments about the street noise late at night if your rooms overlook the main or side streets. But, hey ho, at the price of the rooms, which in fact turned out to be small doubles and not singles, who is complaining about street noise. Also, we two ladies feel quite safe walking around the local streets and piazzas at night because of the buzz all around. But we did hold on tight to our handbags, just in case…... and we needed our comfortable shoes because of all the old cobblestones in the centro storico

Breakfast was a more than adequate, basic Italian continental breakfast, although you could pay a few euros extra for boiled or scambled eggs. Their black Americano coffee was the best hotel coffee I have ever tasted. And it was nice that they supplied you each with a pot each from which you could get about 3 cups.

Rooms and bathrooms were very clean and neat and quite characterful. I only had a very small shower in my small bathroom. My friend’s room was larger and her bathroom had a bath and overhead shower. The maids made up the rooms daily whilst we were at breakfast which was very efficient. There was plenty of wardrobe space and hangers.

We were very fortunate to have wonderful weather for the 5 days we were there and so this made walking to the sites, even to St Peter’s at about 35 minutes away, very enjoyable. A stop on the way back in the beautiful Piazza Navona for a beer, yes is expensive, but you get a little bowl of crisps and a few mini sandwiches included. It is lovely just to sit back and people watch.

We booked transfers with Rome Cabs to/from the airport before we left home over the internet. We did not have to leave credit card details or pay a deposit in advance. At 50 euros per transfer, you pay about 10 euros extra than for a basic white fiat taxi cab from the airport to the hotel. But you get helpful details emailed to you like a youtube link which shows where to meet your Rome Cab driver at the airport, what to do if your flight is delayed and a big comfy, air conditioned limousine Mercedes, a lovely way to start and finish your Roman holiday.

There was one thing at Hotel Regno that slightly marred our stay. After breakfast on our last day, I left in my room a 10 euro note tip for the maid and a wrapped gift that I was taking with me, whilst I went downstairs to pay the mini bar and tax bills and to leave my case. I returned to my room less than 10 minutes later to find the money and gift missing, but almost immediately a strange man, who I had never seen before, knocked at the door and thrust the gift back at me, but not the 10 euros. I was somewhat taken aback. I know I should have complained at reception but I let it go. It was unsettling as this man (who was not the guy who helps take the luggage to rooms or any others whom I had seen working there during my stay) must have been watching out for me to leave my room. He must have had an entry card and made a grab for anything left out for the maids before they did the room. He obvious was not expecting me to return to my room, even though at the time my elderly friend was still in hers next to mine. So make sure you lock up your cases and do not leave anything lying around in your room that could be pinched whilst you are out of it at any time. I wonder if he makes a habit of this?

Room Tip: If leaving a tip for the maids, hand it to them. Do not leave it out. And make sure you don't leave anything valuable lying around your room and lock your suitcase.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank marinablue
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The location is great! We walked everywhere from the hotel. The street where it is located has great shopping and is so close to the sights you want to see. They have red flags out in front of the hotel & that helped us find it as we learned our way around the city. The staff is very helpful & friendly. As soon as we checked in, we realized that while traveling, we had lost an item we needed & the staff quickly helped us resolve this problem. Based on reviews- we were expecting a tiny room but were given a 2 room suite with 2 bathrooms & a balcony. Great fluffy towels and towel warmer in bathroom. It was hot and they said AC was not yet turned on- had to sleep with windows open-- although we faced the side alley- it was really noisy for much of the evening & the noise started again in the early morning. Breakfast was just fair & hot water for tea was just warm. We loved our room & appreciated how friendly/helpful the staff was.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Great location!! Rooms were small but adequate, however one in our group booked single. this is like the cupboard under the stairs!! In our double room shower was a problem, as it flooded bathroom; due to a design fault, breakfast was good and the location is magic. we love Rome, could recomend regno due to location as a great value hotel, would definitely book this area for any hotel if looking at pantheon, Trevi fountain or Piazza Navona etc

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Just come back from a 3 night stay in the wonderful city of Rome, made unforgettable by staying in this little gem of a place. The location is unbeatable in my opinion.....literally around the corner from The Trevi Fountain and The Pantheon, tourist information across the road, buses a stones throw, and all the other glorious sights within easy walking distance. The hotel itself is extremely clean and comfortable and every single member of staff we came across was polite, welcoming and friendly. The breakfast bar has a good choice and you can pay just a couple of euros extra for a cooked breakfast if you haven't overdosed on the wonderful Italian cuisine just outside the door! Would have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel to all and hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The Hotel was situated on the Via del corso which is right where you want to be to explore this stunning city.

We were only a few minutes from the Spanish steps and the Trevi fountain so everything was within easy reach. We could walk to the colusium and Piaza novona. I would say the best time of year to go is early or late summer as it can get very hot there. You can see it all from foot but buses are easy to catch. You have to buy your ticket from the tabac which are everywhere so no problem there.

This city is stunning with so much to soo and it's a place for romantics to enjoy but like all major cities it's very expensive but if you allow for that it won't be a shock.

The hotel was clean but small and the rooms were tiny as was the bath. I have no idea how you could actually take a bath but it was ok to shower in. The hotel is no thrills but it was fine for a place to rest your tired feet at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room on the top floor and to the side of the building for a quite room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple