“great, small hotel”

Best Western Hotel Artdeco
Ranked #242 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 October 2012

A very good boutique hotel. It was very clean and extremely quiet at night. I liked the shutters on the windows which ensured a very dark room and hence a good nights sleep. The breakfast was good and my husband and I enjoyed a very good complimentary meal in the hotels restaurant. Staff very helpful. Would go again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel in Oct 2011, I booked it online, and we were very pleased with this hotel, the room was nice, a fair size and clean. The breakfast was good with lots of variety, and the hotel itself is in a great location, easy to walk to many sites. I would definitey recommend and would go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Great location, great room, great deal! Purchased with a package and it was everything I had hoped for! Bed was comfy, bathroom was nice and big, AC worked like a charm. Overall very very nice!! Front desk lady helped me out when leaving and got us a taxi. Just had one rude front desk person while we were there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My friend and I visited Rome for 6 days from the 24th September 2012. We choose this hotel because of its great location in terms of its closeness to a metro station and the termini. It was a good location and only a short walk from the metro and felt very safe despite been in a less upmarket area because of the number of Embasies in the area that are protected by soldier presence. The other main reason for picking this hotel was the star rating and the Art Deco design of which my friend is a huge fan.
Having stayed in many hotels in many cities all over the world this is most definately not a 4 star hotel. At best it's a 3 star. The decor seemed a bit "thrown together" as if someone has thought the Art Deco idea would give it an edge. It seemed a little tired. The rooms were small and twin beds were touching so barely a twin. Even as a double this would have been a very small room . The bathroom too was very small. Certainly you would not want to spend any time in the room other than to sleep and get ready to go out and if that's all you want this for then it is perfectly adequate. The breakfast was very limited and boring with no variation on the 6 mornings we were there. The fruit salad was out of a tin and there is no excuse for this as Rome is full of fruit stalls with fantastic fruit on them. Not what you expect in a supposed 4 star hotel. Rome was fabulous and the location of this hotel was good for transport but I wouldn't return to it if I visited Rome again, which I hope to do.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank taytie
Reviewed 3 October 2012

GENERAL: Small and quaint, art-deco style. There will always be some negatives for a hotel within Rome’s ring road in this price range, so you just have to decide which ones you’re willing to live with. I would stay here again.

LOCATION: In the quiet embassy neighborhood with lots of security around, so it feels very safe. A few blocks from the Termini station, so it is walkable, but not especially convenient for everyday use of the Metro.

ROOM: Small in the typical European fashion. Card key system meant that we could only charge our electronic devices while we were in the room with the lights on, a huge disadvantage. No bathroom counter space, but if you’re not a bidet user you can remedy the problem by laying something (like their portfolio containing promotional literature) across the top of it to create a small shelf for toiletries.

BEDDING: Passed my bedbug inspection. Hard bed, pillows may as well have been a folded blanket inside a pillowcase.

NOISE: On the 4th floor facing a side street we didn’t hear any street noise, except for the garbage trucks one morning. Noise from room next door was audible.

INTERNET: Free but non-responsive in our 4th-floor room.

AMENITIES: Includes shower gel, bath soap, shower cap, hair dryer. The safe is free and large enough for a laptop. Electrical adaptors available at the front desk.

STAFF: Helpful front desk. They called my next hotel to ask about transportation questions I had. Restaurant staff was efficient, not overly attentive.

BREAKFAST: Ham & scrambled eggs, otherwise an assortment of cold foods, mostly breads, which seemed about the quality of something out of a wrapper.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple