“Fine, but lot to improve on. No card payments!”
Review of I Dormienti

and 1 more site!
I Dormienti
Ranked #768 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 April 2015

After a stressful trip to the hotel from the airport, there was a not-so-welcoming attendant to greet us. Albeit it was late, it was not great customer service.

The room itself was fine, clean enough and comfortable, but the bathroom needed to good scrub.

Being told on arrival that the "card machine is not working" and that we would have to pay a large sum in cash the following day did not make things easy.

Room Tip: -Ask for a room that is not facing the Via Urbana road. -Tell the taxi it is NEXT TO hotel Ivanhoe...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 September 2014

Even though it states that you can pay by card when you book it the guy who run the hotel demand you to pay by cash. We all know why that is!

The room was very very poor. We were 3 people sharing the room and it was a single mattress on the floor and a double bed with a very hard mattress. No chair, desk or nothing. I had to ask for a chair.
The guy who run the hotel might appear to be helpful and friendly but it is all fake and he was very creepy and I would not want to stay there on my own.
He even charge us €2 per bag for leaving our bag there the day of departure.
The wifi is not working in the rooms
I advise you to stay away from this place.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Wasa78
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This little hotel is tucked away in a hard to find location inside an old apartment building. Its a bit intimidating when you first walk in. Our room was clean and fairly comfortable although somewhat stark. The staff person on duty for our one day/night stay was borderline helpful, so this hotel is a very good value mostly for its location close to the Cavour metro station.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pooh219
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The room was really basic, but clean and comfortable: exactly what we expected.

The problem was the very inattentive staff - I’ve read positive commentaries about them, but dated like one year ago, I just suppose that as the business is going fine they simply don’t care anymore about guests.

First problem was at arrival: we agreed to check in at 10pm, but when we arrive at the hotel, no one was there. We called the mobile number they gave us, but it was switch off. At the end other guests open the door for us, so we could leave a note and our luggages at the reception and we went out to have some dinner.

The receptionist showed up after one hour and half - he said he “maybe forget” our arrival!!!

We payed in advance and luckily the receptionist gave us the tickets for the breakfast for the whole stay - in the next 3 days we barely see the staff (we finish toilet paper and I took myself a new one from the aisle locket: it was a completely self service hotel)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank AlessandraBLL
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is simple, clean and good value accommodation in the centre of Rome. The hotel is situated on a street with lots of atmosphere, interesting little shops and cafes and food outlets. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast (coffee and a croisoint) was by way of a voucher for the nice cafe next door. The hotel is situated on the first floor of an apartment building a very short walk from a metro station and a 15 min walk from one of the main station where the express train or coach drops you from the airport. .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family