Caravel Hotel
US$231
US$180
Hotels.com
  • Fitness centre
Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$91
  • Free Internet
Hotel Papa Germano(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$533
US$337
  • Breakfast included
1,037 results
All reviewsgarbatella metro stationvery busy main roadcristoforo colombopastriesbus stopfree safebuy a tickettea making facilitieshotel is moderncentre of romecontinental breakfastvending machinejust returned from a night stayfresh towelsminute walk from the hotelcleaning staffpublic transport
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend this hotel to stay away from traffic. Yet, very close to main attractions and to have good quality of stay

Spacious rooms and will always recommend to stay at room 404 - corner spacious room :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Laith A
SergioSampieri, Direttore generale at Caravel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Laith,

I would like to thank you on behalf of all of my team for recommending our hotel.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and I look forward to welcoming you back for another lovely stay at Hotel Caravel.
Arrivederci!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights.
Pro - clean room
- the price for the rooms
Con - the hotel is situated far from the subway station, about 15 min walking
- the checkout is very early (before 11:00)
- the breakfast was ok, but no variety
- staff polite but not proactive (we received info needed only when asking)

City tax is 6 eur/pers/night.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Camelia G

Dear Camelia,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am happy you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms. As for the breakfast, I invite you to kindly share with me directly any suggestions to further enlarge our variety - please note our buffet already includes fresh bread and handmade croissants from the local bakery, homemade cakes and tarts, cold cuts and cheese, yogurt, pastries, hard-boiled eggs, toast, jams, Nutella, cereal, fruit juices, coffee and cappuccino and more. I appreciate your feedback, thanks again.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner have just returned home from this hotel

The hotel was lovely,clean and modern. The room was cleaned daily and fresh towels put in ect. No tea and coffee making facilities in the room but you can call down to request this free of charge.

Breakfast was good with a wide variety of options to suit everyone . Pastries,cereal,hams and cheeses and much more (including chocolate cake :/) lol.

The staff where friendly and spoke good English and helped where they could. Always someone at the reception desk.

The only down side for us was the location. The main road was so busy and noisy. We decided to use public transport to get into rome. The walk to Garbatella metro was a 15 minute walk from the hotel but he walk wasn't pleasant.

The stay here overall was a good one but I think it's more of a business man's hotel and not ideal if you are wanting to get into Rome daily without spending a fortune on taxis! (Who charge extra for luggage) .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sophie and Craig,
Thank you very much! I am very happy to know you found our hotel to be lovely and our staff friendly and helpful.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I have just returned from this hotel. Clean and modern, room cleaned daily with fresh towels. We used the restaurant on our first evening and it was ok for what we paid but a more varied menu needed for our liking. Some of the staff not very helpful and the heating in room and breakfast room unbearable. A few other guests remarked about this to us too . The air conditioning in our room never went below 26 degrees no matter how many times you adjusted it. I would only give this a three star rating and would prefer to stay nearer the town centre if I return to Rome. We were also hit with a tourist tax bill which nobody had mentioned to us when booking.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to know you enjoyed our clean and modern rooms. Our air conditioning system allows for all of our guests to control their room temperature individually - there must have been a technical issue with yours, which I'm sure our team would have been happy to fix had our reception been informed. As for the tourist city tax, I confirm this applies to all hotels in Rome (like in other cities) and that it is certainly stated on our website. Thanks again for your feedback and best regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel was very modern & Clean
Staff weren’t friendly at all, we went in October and was 24 degrees, now coming from Scotland that is HOT for us, however the hotel had the heating on wouldn’t allow us a fan or air conditioning coz it was their winter and was quite rude on the phone down to reception.
Hotel is located quite far from main site seeing and breakfast was the worst I’ve ever had with little selection.
The view from our window was flats and elderly families walking round their house with their underwear on (have to laugh)
Also cost us €120 to get to and from airport and around €15-20 each time we wanted a taxi to and from centre.

If you love walking & Hot restless nights then this is the hotel for you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple