“Very good food and friendly service ”
Review of Alla Lanterna

Alla Lanterna
Ranked #3,384 of 13,212 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

The owner was very honest and open when we arrived a Sunday evening and his "stock level" was low.

He did prepare some very good pasta dishes and especially the lasagne was terrific!

Reviewed 28 June 2015

I have eaten at La Lanterna on several occasions, and have never been disappointed, the food is fresh and tasty, and the service efficient and friendly. Great to be away from the hordes of tourists!

Reviewed 18 April 2015 via mobile

We were staying around the corner and walk into this neighborhood restaurant 2 nights in a row.
The meal is very nice, we had a bottle of wine, a pizza and a squid n prawn "antipesto." really good portion for 2, we were stuff n enjoy the wine so much!

Surprise about how the staff n the relationship with the customer (must be from the neighborhood), lots of local here for dinner... The only issue was we dun speak italian, n hv difficulty in getting what we want.. Also the staff doesn't seems to be very welcoming foreigner.

Reviewed 29 March 2015

Came here on my 30th birthday. After walking around all day through various Roman attractions, we were looking for a restaurant that was open and in close proximity to our hotel, as our feet were crying out in agony and we didn't want to traipse back into the city centre to all the tourist trap restaurants. We found this place about a two minute walk from our hotel. It is an authentic Italian restaurant, you could tell this by the fact it was full of natives, and not tourists. The waiters did speak English which was helpful as my Italian is poor.
I had lasagna (original I know) followed by sea bass. But that lasagna was the best I've eaten. It was rich and delicious and just contemplating how good it was now back in the UK is making my mouth water again. It wasn't the English style lasagna you get in restaurants over here which is heavy on the white sauce, cheese and filling and skimps on the pasta sheets. This was simply and truly delicious, lots of pasta sheets and light on the sauce and filling, but so so good.
I had the Sea Bass afterwards which was very clean on the palette, fresh with lemons and herbs.
Pricing was reasonable, and for lasagna that good, I will certainly visit there again the next time i'm in Rome.
Thank you.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

very good, local food (pizza & pasta as well as fish and meat).
Nothing luxury, but very good. And affordable prices.
You will find a lot of local people there and this is what i prefer very much when travelling.
Although, when crowded and you get the 'wrong' service personal, it can be a bit boring to ask every 15 mins when your food might arrive (after already waiting for 45mins), or to ask for the missing side dish, etc.