“Impressive customer service”

Aleph Hotel Rome, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #354 of 1,268 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff welcome and service throughout was excellent, but the true measure of customer service is how it responds when something is not quite right. The room we were allocated wasn't to our expectations but the response to this was extraordinarily good. We were moved to a fabulous room and really looked after. I have to say that Pamela Zullo was simply fantastic in her customer care. I can't recommend this hotel enough on the basis of the brilliant customer service alone. The hotel itself is very nicely designed. The public areas are all very pleasant spaces to linger in. The rooftop pool area is also well designed and secluded for sunbathing and relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Other5000

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel has an unbelievable location. It is a 5 minute walk from the Trevi fountain. Majority of the main attractions are literally walking distance. For attractions that are not as close, there is a subway that is just steps away from the hotel to get there.

It's a small boutique hotel that is absolutely beautiful. The lobby seems too nice that you don't want to sit or really touch anything, because you don't want to make anything out of place. (we really didn't lounge in the lobby because of that reason). The place has great facilities from a cigar lounge and bar in the lobby to a roof top terrace and pool. We wanted to try the hookah (shisha in Italian) in the rooftop terrace for our last night, but the front desk mentioned that it was only a decorative piece.

The service was outstanding from the staff, especially our server when we ate breakfast. I wish I got her name, but we were talking for a little and she mentioned she was from Peru and talking about Machu Picchu. She served us just about everyday that we were there and she gave an unbelievable service every single morning. Thank you to her for making our stay memorable.

Thank you to also Giovanni for a great service as well at check in. Not only did he check me in, but he escorted me to my room and was just mentioning the different amenities in the room, which I really appreciated. The other lady at the front desk was great as well -- she offered me a map, which had all the top attractions, which was great, because it gave a great visual of which to do, instead of going back and forth to different attractions that we didn't really know where it was located. So sad I lost the map at the end our trip. Would've been awesome to keep that as a souvenir piece.

The rooms were very spacious for European rooms. It was clean, comfortable, and modern. Definitely returning back to Aleph Rome Curio for my next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zachm1992
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Within walking distance to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. The room was clean and very comfortable which was great since we had a busy sightseeing schedule while in Rome. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Gave good recommendations for places to visit. One of the restaurant recommendations were way too overpriced for the quality of the food. The other one was right on point. We did have a small problem with the shower door which the hotel staff tried to fix but it was not fixed completely although we did not complain again since we're checking out early the next morning. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I are spending time together and it's our first visit to Rome. The Hotel is only 2 months old and is excellent. The staff are extremely helpful and the service is second to none.
The rooms are very comfortable, modern and peaceful. This Hotel has it all. New, modern, comforts, great breakfast, service and staff. What more could you ask for.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 weeks ago

Dear Scott,
Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Aleph Rome Hotel Curio Collection and for having taken a few moments to share your experience.
I really appreciated your positive ratings regarding your overall experience and I am pleased to know that you found the hotel, our rooms and our service to your complete satisfaction. It is our constant aim to make our guests feel at home. I was therefore very pleased by your feedback, which I will personally share with all the Staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our property , hoping that the future stores many more opportunities for you to stay with us.
Sincerely Yours
Francesca Romana Caracciolo

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I nervously booked this hotel because at the time it only had a few reviews, but I found out why when I checked in. The hotel had only been open for about a month when we checked in in August 2017 and it's absolutely amazing.

From the very second you are greeted at the front door with a doorman dressed in a 3 piece suit, to the amazing staff at checkin, your experience is absolutely first class. We were escorted to our room by the lady that checked us in and shown all the features of the room. She was lovely and even spent extra time with us going through on a map all of the local areas she loves, as well as areas to avoid.

The room was stunning and I'm not sure my photos do it justice. We had an upgrade Deluxe room from memory. It was room 515. The hotel renovations were clearly fresh and everything was brand new. The bed was advertised as a King size, and we have a king size at home and this bed was much bigger. I'm guessing a Super King. Bed was the most comfortable we experienced all through Europe. Bathroom was huge and shower pressure was great, and the air-conditioning was brilliant (I've heard plenty of friends complain about poor airconditioning in Rome).

The rooftop area was a great place to relax at the end of the day and we even spent a day in the pool and virtually had the area to ourselves. The pool isn't huge or very deep, but the water was perfectly cold for a summer swim. The staff were very attentive and any drink/food order by the pool was always brought promptly.

Wifi was included and was quite fast.

The hotel was only a short (sub 10 minutes) walk to Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. We even walked to the Colosseum early in the morning and was a pleasant 30 minute walk mostly downhill.

The breakfasts were delicious but a couple of the breakfast staff were clearly very new and made some simple mistakes, but you forgive that when everything else about the hotel was truly exceptional. I've been lucky enough to have stayed in some top level hotels, and this one absolutely ranks amongst the very best. Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to this hotel's amazing staff and facilities.

They have the best scent piped through the hotel and you can smell it when you're a few meters away from the front door. I would love to know what the fragrance is as I've never smelt a hotel like it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple