All reviews literally mins vatican city triple room location is great croissants reception metro piazza
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Beware at check in as it’s not in the actual hotel. The breakfast venue changed twice in three days. Our room was located in an apartment hence no front desk. The location was perfect and the actual room clean and adequate for our needs but we have agreed not to use this hotel again. On our final morning we had a 10 minute walk to hand in our key.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 391seasonedtraveller
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The floors had not even been swept. The room had a look of utter filth. Paint was chipped on the walls. Bathroom was disgusting; mildew... no hand soap! We rented a triple room and the extra bed wasn't much more than a cot on the floor, like for a child. If I wasn't with 8 other family members I would have asked for my money back and left.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I booked the hotel mainly for it's good location and good looking rooms. Sadly, those good looking rooms turned out to be way different than what I have seen on the website. The walls were so thin that the whole other rooms as well as some other noises from the surroundings could easily wake you up from your sleep. I thought the name "les chambres d'or" would make any difference on the quality but it wasn't even close to satisfy my expectations. Apart from the hard sheets that'd make you feel like you're sleeping under some newspapers pages, the breakfast was terrific in a traumatising way. They seemed to be low on everything that was there to offer. I hope they make some changes because they seem to have a good potential especially with that great location! So if you're thinking of getting a room here, I guess there would be other options around with a better value for your money!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017

AVOID! It isn't in the building they advertise. It is dirty. The bedsheets were torn. The electric plug was hanging out of the wall. The walls were heavily marked. The bed was covered with dead insects. We checked in at 4pm and checked out at 4:15pm and were happy to pay for the two nights we had booked just to get out. I've stayed in hotels in New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Madrid amongst others and this is the worst. I'd rather sleep in a hedge

Room Tip: Rooms are far better in other hotels
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

30 mins from FCO, Located in a little side street in view of the Vatican wall, good location for Metro, Vatican and Castel Deangelo. Good eateries nearby (see other reviews).

Bedroom located over the rear of the property and the view was urban interior (not the nicest), size was big enough, could do with a lick of paint around the vent but generally clean with a comfy bed. The room was serviced however we never got 2 replacement towels after the first day and a shower mat.

Bathroom was cleanish but smelled really badly of mildew, we did complain but nothing was done. The air con also smelled of the same smell which meant we had to have the windows open. This isn't generally bad but it could be noisy and resulted in mosquito bites, so if you book Rome make sure the Deet comes too!

Breakfast was the poorest breakfast in a long time of travel, lack of cutlery, cold or non-existent coffee, but lots of croissants - if that's what you like! My advice eat elsewhere (pastry shop over the road).

Expected more, would not recommend unlikely to return.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple