Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$212
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

US$253
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$350/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$119
Residenza Argentina(Rome)
US$235
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

US$289
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$114
US$108
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Domidea Hotel(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$52
Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome(Rome)
US$193
US$154
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$164
  • Pool
All reviewsshared kitchenperfect locationminute walka great staykettlefloorcerealwifitoiletriesairportapartment
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Modern room just minutes walk from Vatican.Room was spotless and freshly decorated.shower room was nice and towels toiletries provided.was apprehensive about a shared kitchen but do not let this put you off, this is not a gathering place but a nice clean area to make coffee, toast or use microwave.In kitchen instant, filter and pod coffee are all provided free of charge.Biscuits,jam ,honey and cereal also provided. For those not wishing to use shared kitchen coffee and biscuits are also provided in your room. Lift was very quaint but added to the charm of the building. Cola Vatican rooms are situated on a main Street which has a nice selection of shops and places to eat. Bars/restaurants offer happy hours with cocktails for 8 euros, and main meal with bottled water and espresso coffee for 10 euro.Although this is a main Street it's not too busy so noise is not a problem. I would highly recommend Cola Vatican rooms to anyone visiting Rome.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Cola a Vatican rooms are located a 5 minute walk from St. Peter's Square and the Vatican and approx.20 minute walk in the other direction to the ancient city. The rooms are on the 5th floor but there is a quant old fashioned lift if you don't want to walk up the stairs. The room was nicely furnished, very clean and equipped with a kettle, fridge, tea/coffee/ biscuit basket and there is also a shared kitchen for residents use. The ensuite bathroom was very clean with a good shower enclosure. The only negative was the noise from the road in the early morning, I am a light sleeper so it woke me up but my husband never noticed it.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in early Feb 2017 and had a great stay. We were met upon arrival (needs to be pre-planned) and had a fantastic 6 nights here. Ram was around each evening and sorted out taxis etc as requested. The breakfast stuff was basic but good and sufficient. Superb accommodation for the price and location is very good.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for a modern room in a good location and don't care much about breakfast & the service then this is a good place. It is a little bit more expensive than its neighboring hotels none the less.

When we checked in a nice lady receptionist informed us that there is no 'receptionist' at all times so the only way to contact for any extra information or help is through WhatsApp or phone call. We didn't mind that as long as we have everything we need. She also mentioned that breakfast would be provided in the room as we book the room with bf.

We left the bags and went out to explore town and came back to discovered that our breakfast was actually bunch of cookies, biscuits and in the fridge is some cheese and salami. I was just very upset because in Italy you can easily find fresh bread and bakery. It was not comparable for the price we paid.

I expressed my thoughts on Whatsapp to the manager because the 'breakfast' was in my opinion ridiculous especially when we are in a country where everything can be bought fresh. They got us a loaf of packaged white bread and quality cheese to make up for our complaints. I appreciate that they made the effort.

The room was modern and nice, however, we found a Tommy Hilfiger shopping bag with bills inside that didn't belong to us. We just left it outside at the trash for them and didn't bother asking about it afterall, the team can be a bit slow with replying and we do not want to make it a big deal. We did ask for new towels but never got them as no one read the message until our check out day.

I appreciate the room, location and the help they provided, however, in my personal experience travelling in Europe other b&b we stayed at provide a more friendly, prompt service and fresh breakfast.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheSabina
Reviewed 17 July 2016

This place to stay is satisfactory in a lot of ways. But it has one big negative against it. If you book a room there, realize that it's not a hotel but more of a guest house. That's fine---but guests expect that there should be a reception area with someone on duty to answer questions, offer assistance, etc. There isn't. Management and staff are there for only a few hours during the day, at a time when most guests are out. The guest house is on the 5th floor of a 19th-century block of flats, accessed from the street by a locked iron gate. When you enter the actual guest house, you step directly into a narrow kitchen space that seems no one uses. The rooms---6 or 7, as far as I could tell---are straight ahead down a hall with odd lights on the floor!
The manager I met (from Nepal) was friendly, as were the women who cleaned the rooms and served at the breakfast quarters (outside, about 5 minutes' walk away, on Via Silla). Their website has outdated photos---some show earlier days when there was actually a reception area. (Now---no more!)
I really wanted to see some staff when I returned from sightseeing at the end of the day. Them not being there made me feel uncomfortable and annoyed. My room was at the front, right on busy Via Cola di Rienzo. Some Tripadvisor reviewers mentioned that the traffic noise was disturbing. For me, it wasn't a problem because I was so tired at the end of the day that I was asleep 10 minutes after my head hit the pillow! No air-conditioning in my room, but in June I didn't mind because it cooled down somewhat at night.
A big plus was that the room was spacious and clean, and fresh linen was changed daily. The room decor was unusual. I was in a room with big silver polka dots and a picture of Charlie Chaplin on the walls (!?). Buffet breakfast was the same every day, served in a semi-dark basement that doubles as a bar at night! But there was enough food (plus great coffee!) to fuel me up for several hours.
The price is good; the location is good (in a classy shopping district close to St Peter's and the Vatican). I did have some major problems with keys, though. You get a set of four of them that you have to carry around. Annoying! If you want to ride in the oldest, slowest, creakiest and smallest elevator in Rome, stay here! It's quite an experience to go up and down in it!
I wouldn't stay at Cola Vatican if you want everything to be predictable. Stay here for an idiosyncratic Roman lodging experience.

Room Tip: try to get a room at the back, though even here there's some echoing noise from the courtyard below
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo