The apartment was in a great location, just outside the Vatican City walls and 5 minutes walk from Cipro metro station. It is very easy to reach from the airport, and easy to walk to the main plazzas for food though there are cheaper, and delicious restaurants locally.
The room was basic, but clean and it had everything you need including complimentary shampoo, soaps etc. There was free water, Coke and beer in the fridge, and outside the room is a coffee machine and biscuits/crackers to help yourself too. There was a safe in the wardrobe and lots of room to put away your things.
There were a few things to note which is why I didn't rate it a 5 star:
1. The room was noisy. We were in the Leonardo Di Vinci room and the coffee machine is outside so several times we were woken up by people talking in that area/using the coffee machine. Also because its a busyish street outside so lots of people walk past late at night/cars drive past.
2. The breakfast was a basket of croissants/crackers etc which was okay for a day, but for our 4 night break is wasn't very sufficient so we went to buy some fruit etc from the shop - so only a minor thing!
3. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable! Again if you are there for 1/2 nights it would be fine but for 4 nights is was not. Its a fold down bed so understandable but that combined with the noise left us a bit tired!
Overall though it is a good place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere reasonably price in a good location for a mini-break to Rome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VaticanOttantaquattro is your B&B in Central Rome, a stone's throw from the Vatican Museums and a hundred meters from the Metro, to make you feel pampered and served at any time.Four well-appointed rooms, all equipped with wi-fi access, private bathroom, LCD TV, safe and air conditioning.A comfortable and private veranda and a terrace overlooking the beautiful buildings in Rome are dedicated to your relaxation.A young and dynamic staff is ready to satisfy your needs to ensure a peaceful stay and give way to discover the Eternal City.Whether you are in Rome for business or leisure, your B&B is VaticanOttantaquattro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Vaticano84 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.