“Extend weekend in Rome.”
Review of Otello

Otello
Ranked #141 of 13,326 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went a Sunday evening, had to wait in line for getting in, approximately 15 minutes.
My wife got the chicken and I ordered the pizza Othello, the food and and service was ok, but it nothing special compared to what we had eaten in Rome elsewhere.
Ok, but I would not visit again.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,108)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We ate here last monday evening and it was lovely. It was very busy with a short wait for table which was made very pleasant with a complimentary glass of prosecco. Although they were very busy the staff made us feel really welcome. I have ceoliac disease and need a gluten free diet our waiter Valerio was very knowledgable and very efficient. The food was excellent I would highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is a lovely restaurant! I have been here a few times and tried the artichoke, focaccia with olive oil, pizza parma, pizza with bresaola, pasta with meatballs, pasta with pomodoro, tiramisu, panna cotta and apple cake. Everything was amazing. I would say that this is the best Roman pizza in town. You can taste that everything is homemade and the ingredients is fresh in both the pasta and the pizza. And if you go here you have to try the artichoke, the way they make it is amazing and such a clever method to use the whole vegetable. I have also eaten the entrecote, a bit to much hard fat. It should be prepared so it was meltet or it should be cut away. I also felt that a sauce would have lifted the dish, example bearnaise. The potatoes where good! Great service. Dont be scared of the line, it moves fast and you get a free drink while you wait. Valerio was amazing

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We found this place by chance wandering round trastevere and it was fantastic! Great food and service especially Valerio! Even though the place was packed he got our order spot on without writing anything down and gave great recommendations. We weren't left waiting anytime but didn't feel at all rushed. The bill was a fraction of the price of other restaurants we had eaten in in more touristy areas but the food was far superior! Thank you Valerio and team "Richie" and I loved it!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Don’t be afraid of the line in front. It moves very quickly and staff make you feel welcome. Preseco while you wait. Food was excellent as well as our server Valerio. So good we ate there 2 nights while in Trastevere. Our best meal by far and reasonably priced.

Been to Otello? Share your experiences!