“Excellent stay”

Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 3,709 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The prior glowing reviews are spot-on in my opinion. Service here is outstanding, the rooms are comfortable and immaculate, and it's also quite a reasonable deal financially. I would absolutely recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid the street side.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard T
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Dear Guests,
Thanks for your very kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
I hope to see you again.
Regards,

There are newer reviews for Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed here a while ago now, but I have only just had the opportunity to write this. We stayed at the apartment available. It was very close to the Vatican, a short walk, and there is a nice little restaurant a couple of minutes walk. The apartment was bigger than a standard hotel room, nice bathroom, small table to eat at. TV to watch (albeit small) and a little kitchenette...
I would definately recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pompey103
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your stay.
I am pleased to read that you liked our apartment, facilities and environment.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2012

My girlfriend and I spent 3 nights at the 'Al Colonnato di San Pietro' at the end of November 2011, having booked based on the sterling reviews it received on this very site.

I will try to be objective as it is obvious to anyone merely glancing at this page that it is a truly excellent B&B.

To start with; the location is superb - exactly what you need for a city break. It is literally a 5 minute stroll from the majesty of St. Peter's Square and the Vatican - while the centre of Rome is well within walking distance. Just to confirm - we walked everywhere; the only time we used transport during our 4 day stay was the taxi rides (handily arranged by Rosa Maria (40 euros each way), which I would highly recommend) to and from the airport. This is truly the best way to see Rome and I would emphasise this to anyone planning a visit.

Right then, to the rooms themselves. They are basic - but incredibly clean and well presented. You are literally staying in a 3 bedroom Italian apartment - it's beyond authentic. The bathroom is well equipped and surprisingly large, with a decent shower.

However, people don't stay at this B&B just for the rooms - it is for the fantastic service you receive. The owner - Rosa Maria - was there waiting when our taxi arrived at the building, offered us drinks and helped us organise a rough itinerary whilst providing us with some useful local tips. Nothing seems too much trouble - we forgot an adapter for the plugs and one arrived with our breakfast the next morning...

That leads us on nicely to the breakfast, which is superb. It is brought to the bedroom at a time you designate by the housekeeper Maldi, who never seems to stop smiling. It is continental, but of wonderful variety - fruit salad/croissants/pastries/toast/biscuits/cakes, as well as tea/coffee served to your liking. There is a little fold out table in the room, so you can eat at that - we are pigs and as such the bed was our preferred option.

I really can't speak highly enough of the place, as a B&B it ticks every box and goes above and beyond with a personal touch that larger establishments could never offer.

If I am to make one slight criticism it's that we found Rosa's advice to be slightly geared to an American audience - get buses everywhere/museums, museums, MUSEUMS. Or maybe I'm just an uncultured oik.

On a side note, I personally feel Rome's real beauty is in it's streets, architecture and atmosphere. My favourite place in the whole city was perhaps the Borghese Gardens which are situated above the Spanish steps. They offer a tranquil break from the madness happening below. Other tips would be to scale Gianicolo hill, which is by far the best panoramic view of Rome - and the sight of the Colosseum from Palatine Hill is stunning.

I loved our stay in Roma, and our choice of accommodation helped us get the most from it - consider yourselves informed.

Room Tip: Despite me rating the swimming pool 'excellent' - it may comes as a surprise that there isn...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cragamuffin
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Dear Guests,
Many thanks for your review.
I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience during your stay at Al Colonnato di San Pietro, and that you enjoyed our breakfast and location.
Your comments are very important to us, as we work so hard to improve our services and to ensure a perfect stay for all our guests.
All the best,

Reviewed 20 December 2011

I write to commend a business that goes far beyond any reasonable expectations of service.
Twice now we have stayed with Rosa Maria, both in the B&B and appt. around the corner (Sun).
We flew direct from Australia on both occasions-it is never a direct flight-arrived obscenely late courtesy of weather and other vagaries....only to be met by the offered and reliable chauffeur and an after midnight smile by RM once in town.
On the first visit we got married. Assistance on how to move between the various official offices and where to purchase a suit was forthcoming.
The second a conference and my luggage lost. RM undertook to locate and reunite me with my stuff as I got on with my purposes for being in Italy. And she did.
We think of our time in Rome often and always happily. The assistance we received allowed us fun and confidence through our stays- even though important issues needed to be undertaken. We don't have favorite relatives or best friends in Rome. We have the next best thing. Julian & Trish

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Julian W
colonnato, Owner at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Dear Julian & Trish,
It is a great pleasure to read your very kind review of your stay at Al Colonnato di San Pietro. I am very happy to read that you had wonderful experiences with us.
We always try to assist our guests whenever it is needed.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

When my husband and I were planning our trip to Italy, I did a ton of TripAdvisor research trying to find the "perfect" place to stay in Rome. We knew we wanted to stay in a bed and breakfast as it is our preference to have a more personal experience rather than stay in a hotel. Rosa Maria provided a perfect personal experience and it made our time in Rome very memorable. We opted to take advantage of the pickup service from the airport which made our arrival stress-free. As soon as we got out of the car, Rosa Maria was there to greet us, to show us where the buses run and map out our activities for the days ahead. The breakfasts were generous and helped fuel us for the day ahead. The room was lovely, clean, and quiet. We ate at least two times at Ristorante Pizzeria "La Vittoria" right around the corner and the food was delicious! Overall, we were so happy to stay there and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Rome.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emily M
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for you positive feedback about our bed & breakfast and and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.
We are always happy to assist our guests during their stay with us and our goal is to always provide exceptional service.
I look forward to you staying with us again in the near future!
Regards,