“Not as advertised, particularly with regard to air conditioning”
Review of Hotel Felice

and 1 more site!
Hotel Felice
Ranked #221 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I want to make it clear that my room in this hotel did NOT have air conditioning, despite the listing which indicates that one of the hotel amenities is air conditioning. There IS an air conditioner in the lobby, but it did not seem to be be doing much on a hot day in Rome. There was a fan in the room, but because of the noise outside on a rather busy street in Rome the window had to be closed. In mid-July in Rome, that meant for an extremely hot sleeping experience. In fact, I never would have booked a hotel in Rome without air conditioning, especially during the summer. I was definitely lured in by a bit of false advertising in this case. I don't often leave negative reviews, but I want to make sure that others don't make the mistake that I did.
Other than the air conditioning, I was unimpressed by the cleanliness of the shared bathroom, and the hotel itself was rather noisy inside and out.
The neighborhood is fine, but the walk from Termini can be a bit dicey in the evening.
This is truly a budget hotel, and after positive experiences in about 25 hotels in the last year, this was my biggest disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas A
There are newer reviews for Hotel Felice

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Small room, but chic and minimal. Great value for money. Offers breakfast, coffee and croissant, with coupon at two coffee shops in the neighborhood. I would recommend the one opposite to the hotel at the small park. Not a great breakfast but will do...

The room was really clean and had its own small bathroom. I stayed in room no 4.

The hotel is near Termini station, around 7 minutes on foot. The neighborhood is nice and with lot of young people. It is a university area so there are many restaurants around and places to drink, eat dinner or ice cream.

The neighborhood has nothing to do with the view and the feeling that you have when you walk around Termini station. Cross the street under the bridge and you will understand what I mean!

I totally recommend Felice Hotel! Nice and helpful staff too.

Remember that all hotels in Rome charge a city fee depending on the stars that the hotel has. Felice Hotel has a 3 euro city fee per person per night. Much lower from the 5 star hotel fees.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Hotel Felice for a week as I was attending a conference at the Sapienza University. I chose this place purely because of its location as it is a 5-10 minute walk to the university. I wasn't expecting any luxury, I was well aware of the fact that this is a 2 star hotel but the room for the week was over 500 euros for 7 nights which isn't that cheap for a 2 star hotel (it was about 75 euros per night). Staff were helpful and attentive no complaints. My room was very dark and hot (no AC but eventually managed to get a fan). The main problem with this hotel is the noise! It is absolutely awful! Sound proofing is none existent and it was impossible to have an early night. Noise comes from literally everywhere. Slamming doors, people going to the shared toilets, nearby bars and restaurants etc. One day I could even hear one father telling her daughter off in one of the nearby apartments. I can speak Italian so I could understand the whole conversation which was a bit surreal. I personally wouldn't recommend this hotel unless noise isn't an issue for you. Again, the hotel is actually okay, they have a lovely terrace and the area is quite lively with plenty of bars and restaurants. I would have rated it 4 stars if it wasn't because of the noise and because I think it is overpriced for what it is. Hope this helps.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Great location, staff was helpfull. We stsying in June during a conference inside La Sapienza university, the Felice has great location, 10 minutes walk from the principal train station. We recommend this family business hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Wonderful hotel. Susan was so helpful and gave us excellent advice as we made our way around Rome. We liked the neighborhood, which had several shops and restaurants. The hotel is about a 10-12 minute walk from the train station. From the hotel we were able to walk to the majority of sites such as the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, and Piazza Navona.
Would recommend!!