Hotel Giardino
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Rome
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Like other reviews have noted, the location is perfect. Easy walking distance to sites, kind of in the middle of all of these: Coliseum & Forum, Pantheon (really close), Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps. Vatican is a short, easy bus ride away. The train station is also walkable (10 minutes), but it's so easy to just take the bus (which stops literally around the corner from the hotel). If you have a Roma Pass, the bus is free. Note: Hotel Giardino is not near a metro station, but the metro doesn't take you all the places you want to go anyway.

The staff was very nice and super helpful. Everyone speaks English. The room was unremarkable, but very clean and adequately appointed. The breakfast was more filling than I expected and a nice break from having to pay for every meal. It's really all about the location though. We took many night walks, and between the hotel and places of interest at night (e.g. Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona) it is completely safe to walk around. I highly recommend seeing Rome at night!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jasonlillis22
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Wow yet another great stay. I absolutely love this place, for all the same reasons in my first review in September. This is why we chose only to stay here again. The location is perfect to get around in Rome, the rooms are quite and cozy after a day full of Rome. Its such a pleasure to come back at the end of the day, its like home. We always enjoy talking with the other guests in the morning at breakfast about where they have been and where they are going, giving tips and so on. We have met the greatest folks here. I guess what make Giardino so special is the staff and level of service they provide. You guys are all so friendly and helpful and that is the reason why on a return trip to Rome, we did not consider any other place. Tiger, your absolutely the best dude. We could not have managed around Rome without you. Heres to our Texas hats off to you.

Room Tip: You can check out my previous review of Hotel Giardino for pics, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank philcentraltexas
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at this B and B. The staff was incredibly friendly and made our trip in Rome that much more enjoyable. They helped point us in the right direction for finding great locations to eat at and offered so much more info that made the whole experience great. The room was cleaned everyday and so was the bathroom. The only complaint that I have was that the shower was incredibly small and for a guy like me 6'2" I had a hard time taking a comfortable shower. However that was a minor blip on an otherwise great stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The service at this hotel is absolutely amazing! Every single person working there is so friendly and helpful. Tiger in particular was extremely helpful suggesting places to go and advising us on the best ways to get to our destinations. At one point, I had to call my bank in the US - Tiger went out of his way to help as did another man at the desk who loaned me his cell phone when we couldn't get the calling card to work any other way. The service alone made our stay worth it but in addition it's a great location, clean and tidy, and offers a free, decent breakfast! Absolutely worth it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Nothing but the best experience. We arrived earlier than our check in time. They said it was not problem. The staff offered us cappicinos and snacks while we waited, even offered to hold our luggage in a locked room for us if we wanted to go around Rome. The room was ready for us in 30 minutes. In that 30 mintures the man at the front desk gave us a map of Rome- we told him the sights we wanted to see. He gave us estimated time it would take to get the locations, how long he thought the wait we would be on lines, and told us the better places to see at night. Everytime we came in, the staff greeted us with the friendliest smile. Every moring breakfast was prepared and the staff made sure everything was going great for our visit. Highly suggested- very homely feel to this place. Every man at the desk was friendly and great!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple