See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2008

Apartment was grate. There is no staff only one man who does evrything, janitor, recepcionist,... Neighbourhood is not to nice, ther is too many local bars and discos wich did not look very friendly. Hotel is in the courtyard of some fameus club, and you have to show your keys to a bouncer on gate, so you could get in your appartment. Above our window ( we were in the basement) are railwaygauge, and metro runaways there , so you have a fealing it is in your room till 00.30h and from 4.30h again, but we did not mind that at all. Position is good, metro station is 5 min walking , so you are only 3 metro stations from Colloseum ( 3minutes ) , 5 metro stations from Spanish stairs, 7 stations from Vatican. Just arround the corner ther is a big market with very good prices. Onother thing I did not like, is that there is no cleaning. Appartment is very well equipped, you have kitchen elements, washer machine, ironing board, iron, dishes, TV-but no cable, frige,...... Basicly, we like it.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank ivana2407
Reviewed 16 May 2008

Absolutely horrendous stay at Rentroof. It was a couple of years ago since me and my boyfriend stayed there, but it still gets my blood boiling. Not only the location right next to train tracks was hugely disturbing, but the customer service (or the lack of it!) demonstrated by the staff was appalling! We booked our stay way in advance through their own website. They had good prices and we were very pleased with our choice. Well, just before we left England to go on our holiday, I checked the prices again and they had gone way up! And conveniently of course they hadnt confirmed the price in the confirmation email. I of course brought this up straight away once we arrived, but there was no budging. On top of this we were treated like criminals as they wanted us to pay the stay in advance!! whereas in the confirmation email it said payment required after the stay. I would strongly NOT recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed: November 2005
1  Thank MsJonesEngland
Reviewed 20 March 2007

My girlfriend and I arrived on a Friday night about 10:00pm, and feeling a little tired. We would have wanted to sleep but an horror movie started... behind the apartments there is the train track, which makes a terrible din. Moreover in front of the apartments there is a large nightclub... I was not aware that I would spend all night listening very loud music until 3:00am. The icing on the cake: the place was infested with drunks from the large nightclub yelling up and down the courtyard until after 4:00am.
No staff to complain about that noise. Not serious. Not recommended.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank KenBruges
Reviewed 2 August 2006

Do not book this apartment, unless you seriously want a misfortunate disapointment on your trip. Myself and friends prebooked and emailed details of our schedule prior to arrival to the receptionist. On arrival there was no sign of any apartment or any assistance what so ever. We were then stranded in a strange city -Rome , no accommodation at 1am.

However, we had a very patient, but frustrated taxi driver, who kindly found us a hotel in the city centre. The hotel was four star and great value for money. Had a ball! Go........to Rome!!!!

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 7 May 2006

We stayed for 3 nights in the Rentroof open space apartment with our family. It was a pleasant stay. We were surprised by the modern furnishing. The apartment was new, clean and spacious. Beds were of good quality, kitchen was fully equipped, and towels were big and nice.
We could get into our apartment directly on arrival (11:00 am).
The walk to the metrostation Garbatella was approx. 10 minutes, bus stop (directly towards Vatican) was opposite to the apartment.

Nevertheless this apartment is situated alongside the train track, which causes lots of nuissance with the windows open, but it is quite acceptable with the windows closed on that side.

• Stayed: May 2006