Legends Hostel
  • Restaurant
US$223
  • Room Service
US$146
Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$129
  • Breakfast included
US$533
US$337
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$55
US$231
US$179
  • Fitness centre
All reviewscommon roomfree breakfastfemale dormclose to terminihot watertrain stationmain attractionsstorage
Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

Definitely an older hostel, and small, but still not bad! The staff were very nice, and there was a good vibe with the other travellers and easy to meet new people! The breakfast was not very good... But there is a coffee/espresso machine available for use 24/7! Also, very close to Termini station which was very nice

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 16 June 2015

I stayed at Legends RG for five nights and loved it. The room was clean and the sheets fresh every night. The ensuite was also really clean and spacious with a great shower. The free breakfast was great - eat as much as you want toast, bread, jams, biscuits, and cereals (cornflakes and muesli). They have a fridge where you can store food, and a hob to cook your own dinner. Sometimes they have free wine or snacks that everybody can share.

There was somebody at reception 24/7 and they were always super helpful and kind. There were two computers free for use and also free wifi - although towards the end of my stay it was quite slow and sometimes patchy. Let the reception know however, and they're quick to fix the problem.

The hostel was really easy to find (although I initially confused it with Legends Hostel, with which they are connected and just round the corner). The fact you can come and go at any time of day or night took the pressure off needing to back for a certain time, but all of my room-mates were very courteous about who would use the bathroom, and when to turn the light off in the evening.

Location wise it's perfect, very close to the main train/bus/metro station and I easily got to anywhere I wanted to be. If I went to Rome again, I would definitely stay at Legend RG again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

One of the better hostels I've stayed in. The room is very clean as well as the bathroom. Very close to the train station, and right down the street is a diner that has 3€ "American" breakfast. Honestly can't go wrong with this place.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2015

This is neither a bad review nor a great one. Overall I felt the accommodation did what it promised. It was suitable for my needs and was as expected. But I feel that with a few alterations and improvements, it has great potential and could go from being adequate to amazing.

With regards to the beds, they we ok. I found them adequate to sleep in and that's all one can really expect from a hostel. However most of the other furnishings throughout the hostel seemed to be odd items that were in a poor state but were functional.

The heating was an issue as the building always seemed to be cold. I feel the quality of my stay would have been improved by better heating for the hostel. I felt that the bathroom to guest ratio could have been better as often it could be a long wait and an awkward experience trying to use the facilities. Also there were a few security concerns I had with regards to food going missing from communal storage and the ease of access for non guests.

I feel that improvements could also be made with the social offering at the hostel. As a plus point the common rooms are very communal and cosy. But other similar places I have stayed in across Europe have arranged events in their common areas to encourage interaction between the guests. I feel there is greater potential for this to be done here.

However for me its biggest strength is its really helpful and friendly staff. They are very engaging and keen to help. They also seem to be able to overcome every possible language barrier and are fully multilingual. Other plus points are its free guest Wifi. Also its close proximity to Roma Termini train station and it's an easy walk towards the city centre and the ancient sights down Via Nazionale.

Overall for me this hostel was ok but it could be slightly improved. It does what you would expect and is comparatively good value for Rome.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2014

I had a great time there, staff friendly, located about 100m from Termini station, which you can get transport to the whole city... I met incredible people there. When I arrived there I could take a shower b4 my checkin, that helped me a lot..lol! They also give the possibility to pay the booking when you do the check out. The hostel is spotless, has a good breakfast. Fair play to the FREE PIZZAS on mondays!! Really recommend that!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo