“Excellent”
Review of Night and Day

Night and Day
Ranked #910 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here with a friend in the first week of October. We stayed for 6 nights. I think this hotel is one of the nicest I've ever visited. It made our stay in Rome perfect. Both the hotel and the host were lovely.

The room itself was really nice, alot nicer than I would have expected to get anywhere for the prices that were charged. The ceilings were high and there was a large window so it was cool and comfortable despite the warm weather outside. A fan was supplied but we didn't need it. There is very little noise from elsewhere in the building and none from the quiet street outside during the night. The room was spotless, as was the rest of the hotel.

The hotel is situated within an appartment complex. It felt very safe, even late at night. There is a kitchen and common room available for the use of guests. There is a computer and also wi-fi. There is a coffee machine (good coffee!). The hotel is small and the other guests we met were friendly. The layout of the hotel creates a really lovely environment, it was nice to talk to other travellers. We had a room that shared a bathroom with another room. There was absolutely no problems at all with this arrangement, no one had to wait.

The best part of the hotel is Monica, the owner. She was welcoming and kind. On arrival she provided lots of useful information (tips I had not found in guide books). She also recommended restaurants in the area. I would definitely urge you to follow these recommendations, every one we tried was good. The hotel hall way is filled with notes thanking Monica, so I don't think we were the only ones that appreciated her kindness.

Other information: There is a hairdryer and towels. Breakfast is served at a cafe round the corner (the food is good). There is no problem if you don't speak italian. I only spoke English and it was not a problem.

Room Tip: We stayed in the double with a shared bathroom. I think it was the red one shown in the hotel's...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank E_2013_04

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Staying at Night and Day was wonderful. You will not find a better host than Monica. She will wait for you, ready with a map with good restaurants and things to do in Rome. She will do everything to make your stay great. The rooms are clean and spacious. Same goes for the bathrooms. Breakfast is at a cafe around the corner. The metro station is a 5 minute walk away. When you walk about 5 minutes the other way, you're at the Trevi Fontain. Bars and restaurants are nearby too.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side are a little bit quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank askok
Reviewed 2 October 2013

A friend and I spent the first three nights of our Italian vacation here and it was great. We arrived a few hours apart and Monica was available to meet us at separate times, no problem. She gave us great directions to find the place and had two maps waiting for our arrival. One pre-made w/ little post-its indicating great, reasonably priced restaurants in the city and one she drew in front of me highlighting various metro stops/bus lines to each place we intended to visit, and also including others she thought were worth checking out. (Hostaria Romana was our fav restaurant rec)

We were on the fourth floor, but there was a lift to get us up there with our bags. We were given two sets of four keys for coming and going - safe and conveinent for when we split up to do different things. Our room had a high-beamed ceiling, shutters overlooking the street, two separate beds, a wardrobe and a small flat screen. There was no a/c, but the fans were enough in mid-September.

The only drawback was the shared bathroom. We only shared it with one other room (a mom and daughter), but sometimes morning showers were a wait. The bathroom itself was bright and spacious with windows that opened out on two walls. There was an actual tub (not those tiny euro-showers), a bedet and a toilet and it was clean.

Pros: Monica and all her wonderful, personalized assistance, the location, free wi-fi, complimentary espresso and cookies in the kitchen, free breakfast (you get passes to a cafe around the corner for cornettis and coffees), amazing price

Cons: no a/c, thin mattresses, shared bathroom...but still way worth it :-) I would stay here again if I ever end up back in Rome.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed at night and day for 3 nights with a group of friends and we all really enjoyed it. The owner Monica was extremely helpful, she put together an amazing map for us with notes/tips on sights, restaurants and transport. The place is clean and friendly and in a great location, walking distance from most sights and right near the trevi fountain.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for four nights on our trip in June. Monica was a pleasure to communicate with via email when booking and thereafter. Upon arrival she provided us with a completely annotated map of where to eat, what to see, where to get the best gelato, bus routes, etc. The hostel was both clean and comfortable, there is even a kitchen and a fridge if you feel like eating in. From the street level you needed four keys to get into the room, it felt very secure! Monica really made us feel at home, she was even around to make sure everything was alright when my girlfriend was feeling sick. Breakfast was at the restaurant around the corner from the hostel and was great. They were very accommodating of my girlfriends peanut allergy, unlike many other places. This was the first time either of us had stayed at a hostel, but we couldn't have asked for anything more. If you stay here, follow Monica's suggestions for restaurants, we were not disappointed with any of them. Thank you Monica!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple