“Excellent Location, Good Value”
Review of Night and Day

Night and Day
Ranked #910 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Spent two nights at Night and Day before a cruise leaving from Civitavecchia. The location is terrific - a very short walk to the Trevi Fountain, and walking distance to most of central Rome. As others have mentioned, Monica is a doll. Very attentive, very helpful - she really wants to make sure you have a lovely time in Rome (complete with helpful hints about where to eat). I was traveling alone, and never felt the least bit uneasy walking in the neighborhood by myself, even at night.

As for the facility, it's nothing fancy. It's a typical small italian apartment. I had a room on the 1st floor (which is up one flight of stairs, and Monica was nice enough to insist on helping with my luggage). There are a couple other bedrooms in the apartment. I shared a bathroom with another guest, although only saw her once. A little kitchenette is available as is a nice espresso machine.

The only suggestion I would have is to update the mattress (and maybe pillows). It was pretty thin and could feel the springs and sags. But I was so dead tired after my overnight flight the first night and after spending hours wandering the lovely streets of Rome the second, that I fell sound asleep anyway.

For the price and location, you really can't beat it.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura M

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Monica is fabulous! She greeted me upon arrival, helped me with my bags and sat me down for coffee. Then she began her suggestions with handwritten notes on the maps of Rome. Once she learned I was VERY familiar with the city, we immediately began talking about days trips and off the beaten path places. I couldn't ask for more!
There was coffee and a well equipped kitchen. Showers were clean with good water pressure and the wifi was stable and fast!
We communicated by email throughout my stay since I kept missing her in the apt.
This is definitely not your typical hostel. It's closest to an apartment share. But that really also adds to the value for me!
I will definitely be staying here when I return to Roma :)

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Monica met us upon arrival and was an excellent hostess. She provided us a detailed map of her favorite places for us to try: restaurants, shops, and sites. The building is centrally located and a close walk to many restaurants and the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon. The rooms were adequate, we had two private rooms and a shared bathroom for our use only. Bring a pair of sandals to walk to the bathroom, as it is down the hall from the rooms. We did not have A/C, but there was a fan in the room and we left the windows open at night. Recommended for an inexpensive, excellent location!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2016

People were very nice,and the breakfest place was around the corner nice location for good site seeing.The only problem is you don,t get a quick response when you send them a e mail.But other then that it is a nice location.

Room Tip: Rooms are on a side street and quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2016

If you're on your way to ROME and can book a room with Monica at "Night and Day Place"...DO IT! Awesome location...minutes from the Trevi Fountain, near many other sights within walk distance, food, the Metro, Grocery Store, Gelato...everything! Monica, the owner is amazing. She even gives you maps with sticky notes placed all around to help with your trip. It's one-on-one treatment you're not going to find at many other places, if at all.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple