US$279
US$207
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$323/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$405
US$326
  • Restaurant
Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$153
Residenza Argentina(Rome)
US$518
US$172
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

US$220
US$164
  • Room Service
iQ Hotel Roma(Rome)
US$168
US$144
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

All reviewshost giorgiobig doorbus routestermini stationbudget hotelthe main tourist attractionsclean bathroomdefinitely stay here againspanish stepsair connice roomhotel is locatedeasy accessdouble roomluggagefridgereceptionist
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Versailles. Friendly staff members who were very informative and gave lots of advice and directions to places.
One has a very cute dog too :) which is a plus for me being an animal lover.
There are no huge sign posts pointing out the hotel, but I found it easy enough and I have a terrible sense of direction.
I loved the view from my window too - this is not a fancy hotel, but it's comfortable and homely. I would stay again if/when I come back to Rome.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Victoria L
Reviewed 11 August 2017

So happy and content with my stay (3rd - 10th of aug) at Hotel Versailles in Rome, a true gem.
What I was looking for during a week in Rome; Not luxury as 4 or 5 star but;

a modern, clean and comfortable room in a convenient, central (Termini area) but quiet location with easy access to many points of interest for the traveller. Comfortable bed, private bathroom, AC, fridge and good working WiFi.
I got ALL of that at Versailles and also sheets of really good quality, read with high TC (threadcount) so smooth and lovely to sleep on and good quality towels as well as plentiful o free toiletries every day. This kind of small luxury gives me more value than a big hotel with a big reception. I also got very good, when asked for, and useful advice and pointers, from the truly warm, acommodating and helpful host Giorgio....thanks for all your tips about good restaurants in the neighborhood. This is really a good and safe area to stay among local people and not too touristy, although just a 15 min easy walk from Termini station.
The building itself is big, imposing and typical for this area.

Oh and one more thing. Some earlier reviewers found it a bit tricky to find. This is a bit strange to me. My voucher had the adress. Its a major street and the number is 92 so just go there...NO PROBLEM at all....found it directly. The big door is closed but on the right side of it there is a brass plate, size of a tablet, with the hotel Versailles name on it. Call them by pressing the button. They will answer and let you in. Hotel itself is on 1st floor (stairs to the left). Check in procedure was smooth. Next time in Rome I will definitely be back to Versailles. Can´t wait to next time...
Complimenti Lars B

Room Tip: Had a very quiet internal room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We booked a triple room but the hotel had us down as a double. I'm not sure if they were trying to delay our check-in to try and fix up a room but they sent us to the other side of the building saying we got the wrong Hotel. After a futile search we went back and this time the manager was also there. He gave us a room that was I'm sure just a double room with a single folding bed rolled in and attached to the foot of the double bed. AC wasn't working no matter what we did and after instructions from manager on how to turn it on.
You get a key card to the room and keys to the doors downstairs and upstairs. One night we forgot the keys. It was after 1:00am and we couldn't get in. Called the manager who was already on his way home. In the end we made it in but we had to wake the housekeeper. It was pretty stressful! Don't forget the keys!
The area around the hotel has nice restaurants and a coffee shop (what they call BAR) for morning coffee and pastry. Transportation is convenient. Lots of bus lines to take you to your destinations in Rome.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Hotel_Versailles, Proprietario at Hotel Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hello,
first of all thank you for choosing Hotel Versailles and for your review, they help us to make better deals....
We do not understand what was wrong with the reception as well as you say we sent you to an other part of the building.... all our rooms for three people are double rooms with an extra comfortable bed. It's a pity you don't show your name on this review so we cannot realize when and, exactly, what happened. We will, anyway, try to sort it out....
About forgetting keys, we understand that this can have been a little stressfull for you but on arrival Hotel Versailles staff always inform customers that Reception is closed from 11:30 p.m (23.30) to 7:00 a.m. The night receptionist, normally, close the reception not before 1:00 a.m. so you probably joined the Versailles later than that. We are really sorry for this but, as you see, it's important not to forget the keeys!!!
Hotel Versailles staff whish you all the best for the future!
Kind regards

Reviewed 14 June 2017

The hotel is located in a really good area. Good restaurants and shops all around the area. A lot of locals and very little tourists. Also the area is really quite except a big road going past the hotel. The hotel has good unlimited Wi-Fi access. Clean sheets and towels.

The staff was super helpful and nice. The owners dog greets everyone with barking but this is nothing to get upset about.

Would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Versailles, Proprietario at Hotel Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Hi!
Thank you for choosing Hotel Versailles and thank you for your kind review. We always try to do our best for the comfort of our beloved customers!
We do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I rarely put a bad review on here, it's usually me saying how great a hotel is but not this time! Where to start...Hotel is hard to find as it's in a complex so no sign. Confusing after getting buzzed in as it's up a flight but there's an empty reception desk when you walk into the building itself so no idea where to go initially. Once checking in, I had a friend coming in mid trip and had told the man so he'd know and she could show ID to get a key to the room. I was told my friend couldn't get a key card because they can't have 2 cards. Said it was security & also their system is such (OLD!) that if a new card is given to her, it'd erase mine. HUH? Had to go round & round as also no 24 hour reception so couldn't even guarantee someone would be at the desk when my friend arrived (she was coming around 1pm but I was told the girl at the desk also cleans the rooms so...she may or may NOT be there at 1pm) as the only way for her to get in then was to have someone manually unlock the room with a key. When I said I'd never heard of that, was told it's not a 5 star hotel. Sorry but all hotels I've stayed at have been able to give out 2 room cards!

Found the room had no air conditioning despite it being advertised that it did. When I asked, I was told it was a Rome city "law" that no air until June 1st. When I said they need to change their ads then because it said it DID have air and my friend has asthma so it can't be too hot (was 27-29C so 87-90F all week) was told "it'd cost the hotel $575 a day to have air" and again "not a 5 star hotel". So then I had to ask 4 times for a fan (which they did finally get me & it was a nice one at least) AND, later found out from others on a day trip that infact NON 5 star hotels had air because one couple said they had it in their 3.5 star hotel. Hmmm..... Wifi didn't work either, though in their defense, after I asked them, they reset their modem. Still didn't work tho and got told it was my computer, yet I was able to get on wifi at train station, hop on/off bus and 2 cafe's in the city so it was whatever weird service they had for wifi, not my computer.

On our last day, we had a super early Vatican tour so had asked if we could have our luggage stored. However, we were leaving at 6am and since no one started until after 7am (not sure exact time they start, I just know I left at 7 and 7:30 the other mornings and never saw anyone yet) we weren't sure how that would work. Was told we could just leave our luggage out...in the middle of the room! Um, NO! Wasn't going to have it sitting where anyone could steal it. When I said we didn't feel comfortable, was told "it's fine" so after going round and round again, we were told we could put behind main desk and someone would put it in locked room later. Ended up hiding it under their desks so no one checking out early would see but when we arrived later in the afternoon, they were NOT locked up but sitting in their lounge area which meant when there was no one at the desk, our stuff was out for anyone to take. NOT happy!

The only good things were a refrig (that was working lucky us) and it's about 15 minutes walk to main train station. Oh, and save your booking receipt as I was told I hadn't paid and when I said yes I had via Orbitz, I was told no, I booked through Expedia. I had to try and go onto Orbitz using their computer but since none of us (including the girl on shift) could figure out how to get the "@" sign for my email to sign into Orbitz, it was lucky my friend still had a copy I had sent to her as we couldn't wait for manager to come and try to sort things, we needed to get to the airport.

Overall, not a pleasant experience and I'd never stay here again.

Room Tip: If coming in warmer months, ask for rooms higher up as no air conditioning so need to keep windows open and too noisy if lower floors
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends