“Very good room”
Review of Hotel Versailles

Hotel Versailles
Ranked #689 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Nice room with very good bed, clean sheets, VERY clean bathroom. Employees were very kind and receptionist drew us bus routes to sightseeing points on a map which we used throughout our stay.
Would come again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Versailles. Friendly staff members who were very informative and gave lots of advice and directions to places.
One has a very cute dog too :) which is a plus for me being an animal lover.
There are no huge sign posts pointing out the hotel, but I found it easy enough and I have a terrible sense of direction.
I loved the view from my window too - this is not a fancy hotel, but it's comfortable and homely. I would stay again if/when I come back to Rome.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2017

So happy and content with my stay (3rd - 10th of aug) at Hotel Versailles in Rome, a true gem.
What I was looking for during a week in Rome; Not luxury as 4 or 5 star but;

a modern, clean and comfortable room in a convenient, central (Termini area) but quiet location with easy access to many points of interest for the traveller. Comfortable bed, private bathroom, AC, fridge and good working WiFi.
I got ALL of that at Versailles and also sheets of really good quality, read with high TC (threadcount) so smooth and lovely to sleep on and good quality towels as well as plentiful o free toiletries every day. This kind of small luxury gives me more value than a big hotel with a big reception. I also got very good, when asked for, and useful advice and pointers, from the truly warm, acommodating and helpful host Giorgio....thanks for all your tips about good restaurants in the neighborhood. This is really a good and safe area to stay among local people and not too touristy, although just a 15 min easy walk from Termini station.
The building itself is big, imposing and typical for this area.

Oh and one more thing. Some earlier reviewers found it a bit tricky to find. This is a bit strange to me. My voucher had the adress. Its a major street and the number is 92 so just go there...NO PROBLEM at all....found it directly. The big door is closed but on the right side of it there is a brass plate, size of a tablet, with the hotel Versailles name on it. Call them by pressing the button. They will answer and let you in. Hotel itself is on 1st floor (stairs to the left). Check in procedure was smooth. Next time in Rome I will definitely be back to Versailles. Can´t wait to next time...
Complimenti Lars B

Room Tip: Had a very quiet internal room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We booked a triple room but the hotel had us down as a double. I'm not sure if they were trying to delay our check-in to try and fix up a room but they sent us to the other side of the building saying we got the wrong Hotel. After a futile search we went back and this time the manager was also there. He gave us a room that was I'm sure just a double room with a single folding bed rolled in and attached to the foot of the double bed. AC wasn't working no matter what we did and after instructions from manager on how to turn it on.
You get a key card to the room and keys to the doors downstairs and upstairs. One night we forgot the keys. It was after 1:00am and we couldn't get in. Called the manager who was already on his way home. In the end we made it in but we had to wake the housekeeper. It was pretty stressful! Don't forget the keys!
The area around the hotel has nice restaurants and a coffee shop (what they call BAR) for morning coffee and pastry. Transportation is convenient. Lots of bus lines to take you to your destinations in Rome.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Hotel_Versailles, Proprietario at Hotel Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hello,
first of all thank you for choosing Hotel Versailles and for your review, they help us to make better deals....
We do not understand what was wrong with the reception as well as you say we sent you to an other part of the building.... all our rooms for three people are double rooms with an extra comfortable bed. It's a pity you don't show your name on this review so we cannot realize when and, exactly, what happened. We will, anyway, try to sort it out....
About forgetting keys, we understand that this can have been a little stressfull for you but on arrival Hotel Versailles staff always inform customers that Reception is closed from 11:30 p.m (23.30) to 7:00 a.m. The night receptionist, normally, close the reception not before 1:00 a.m. so you probably joined the Versailles later than that. We are really sorry for this but, as you see, it's important not to forget the keeys!!!
Hotel Versailles staff whish you all the best for the future!
Kind regards

Reviewed 14 June 2017

The hotel is located in a really good area. Good restaurants and shops all around the area. A lot of locals and very little tourists. Also the area is really quite except a big road going past the hotel. The hotel has good unlimited Wi-Fi access. Clean sheets and towels.

The staff was super helpful and nice. The owners dog greets everyone with barking but this is nothing to get upset about.

Would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Versailles, Proprietario at Hotel Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Hi!
Thank you for choosing Hotel Versailles and thank you for your kind review. We always try to do our best for the comfort of our beloved customers!
We do hope to see you again!