“unreasonable charge and disgusting food ”
Review of Osteria Maracuja

Osteria Maracuja
Ranked #1,595 of 13,326 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$12 - US$59
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I should have listened those who rated one star to this disgusting restaurant. Totally disappointed with its 4.5/5.0 as rated by people. I feel like they have targeted tourists.

Firstly, when asked if they have seafood soup, they said yes but realised the soup is not listed on the menu after billing out. We were expecting the soup with no more than 20euro, as even a seafood risotto or spaghetti only cost 14euro on its menu. Most importantly, look at the photo, there is barely soup and some of the seafood were not even warm. (Some people have mentioned that the seafood there are frozen and not fresh... I should have believed them.)

Secondly, refer to the two photos of lasagna. Look at the difference, bloody hell yeah. The one with pesto is supposedly be served, as we saw people who ordered the same get this. The thing was we got the another lasagna in the first place, and we found that it is still frozen inside the food and thats really awful and disgusting. And hell ya, they serve as the original lasagna with pesto sauce. What a shame!

Last but not least, the receipt doesnt include a service charge. For real, people who give tips dont need a service charge while people who do not (we) should give a service charge. They just orally mentioned it and round it up to 42Euro. Unbelievable!!!

I am from Hong Kong who firstly experienced this. Never ever ever will dine at this restaurant again. I feel disgusted.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We went there for lunch and will never come back. Terrible quality pizze (dry and tasteless) and waiters very busy getting more people into the restaurant instead of serving the customers already sitting and waiting. When we finally got our pizze they were cold and of bad quality. A true tourist trap

1  Thank Lene S
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Amazing staff, amazing food. After having a bad experience the night before, I will definitely be eating here for the next two nights I'm in Rome. Loved it!!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Walked towards this place after walking the length and breadth of Rome. Needed a beer and a snack. The front guy was so animated that we said ok. He heard me say about sitting in the sun and said the corner table will be free in a few minutes. So sat with a beer after Ihad a cigarette as promised we had the table in the sun. We just had a pizza and a half caraf of wine each ( me white and partner red). Lovely afternoon in the sun. As we liked the menu and the prices we decided to make this place our choice for our evening meal for our last night on the Sunday. Staff remembered us and we're again most helpful, polite and friendly. Sat outside under the heaters which was a lovely atmosphere for our final meal in Rome.
Prices not as dear as the restaraunts across from the colosseum. As a rough guide to price we had a different bruschetta each to start, a spinach and ricotta canolloni, a sea bass with potatoes, and a litre of house wine each which was quite nice ( were greedy with vino. So a white for me and red for partner). This came to 80 Euro's but considering the prices in similar restaraunts within a few minutes walk it was fair and the evening was a lovely finish to our stay in Rome with brilliant service and we gave a 10 Euro tip as the service was excellent. The complimentary liqueur was a most unusual taste.
Great place for lunch if you like people watching and great place for an evening meal.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

It is my third visit in two months. I just love the food the ambience the people. It’s so friendly place. A waiter called Arion is so nice and gentle and has a smiling face. The place is not expensive compared to other places I have been. Would suggest this place must go ones

Been to Osteria Maracuja? Share your experiences!