“Please do not go to this restaurant!!”

Ristorante RomAntica
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Ristorante RomAntica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,571 of 12,594 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$30 - US$72
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Description: RomAntica is 20 minutes on foot to Colosseum, 20 minutes to Termini station.
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Our first night in Rome, staying at the Best Western Milton, this was in perfect walking distance from the hotel. Firstly having read all the lovely reviews on Trip Advisor we decided this was the one. Unfortunately our experience was not a good one, the food was not exceptional, we were completely ignored the whole time we were there, the staff only had smiles for the locals, they just about threw the menu at us & then at the end of the meal we asked for the bill. They pushed it under my husband's elbow while walking past the table - just how rude can you get??!!! They had (just like other reviewers had mentioned) added on 'pane' €3, which is bread that we didn't have, but didn't really know that at the time & assumed it was a service charge!!! I've never been treated so badly in a restaurant. On the second night we walked on towards the Colosseum & found lovely restaurants down there much more friendly & beautiful food, so all was not lost!!

There are newer reviews for Ristorante RomAntica

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Recommended by our hotel, we enjoyed a very nice dinner. We sat outside, and enjoyed the fresh air. We found the service to be very good. The wait staff was attentive and personable. I had the fettuccine with lobster sauce, and my sister had a pasta dish with stuffed pasta and bacon. Both dishes were very good. We felt the prices to be in the normal range. A nice menu, plenty to choose from, but not too much.Again, a nice meal for a nice evening out.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We dropped in because it was the only ristorante open close to our hotel for lunch on Republic Day. Our experience did not start well. We had to locate staff to get a menu and attention and our eventual waiter did not seem happy to be there.
Notwithstanding this, from then on things only got better. Service became and remained exceptional and the food was very tasty and presented well.
We started with an assortment of Italian cheeses - rather a large serve compared with others we've enjoyed elsewhere.
I ordered and can highly recommend the Beef Filet cooked in Shiraz - melt in your mouth with a delicious sauce. My wife enjoyed the Roman Grilled Lamb - 3 very large loin chops, grilled to perfection.
Our waiter recommended the wine, which accompanied the meal well and was one of the least expensive on the wine list.
Overall a pleasant dining experience.
We intend to return in the next few days for another meal.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

My wife ordered the set menu Orchidea and each of the three courses were exceptional. The antipasto was prochetta and Ricotta with maybe a touch of honey? It was amazing and memorable, you must try it. Then she had some kind of shells stuffed w ricotta and bacon that was so delicious it could win awards. I'll never forget the bite she offered me--but she only offered me one. Her tiramisu was really good as well. For me it was pasta with clams that was simple and really good. Did I mention that everywhere I go in Rome the pasta is al dente? My meat course was spicy beef which was a sirloin perhaps grilled medium rare with a touch of turmeric (I think). It was very good. I finished with lemon sorbet which was tasty. The house wine was really good and the waiter offered free limoncello at the end. The service was very good but Italian speed : ).

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

If this rating was based on the food alone it would have been given 4 or 5 stars however food is only part of a dining experience......my husband and I dined here and we both enjoyed fresh pasta, mains, a bottle of wine and several other drinks (spending almost $100 euro).We were having a lovely time until the waiter asked if we were ordering any more food or drink. When we said we were done we were promptly informed "ok guys I'm going to have to ask you to leave, we need the table"....
Extemely rude, if it wasn't for that we would have happily visited back the following night!

2  Thank susies040