“Don’t waste your calories ”
Review of La Baita

La Baita
Ranked #6,809 of 13,204 Restaurants in Rome
Neighbourhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Neighbourhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

DONT WASTE YOUR CALORIES
Charming restaurant which goes below ground level. Staff were welcoming and bought our first drinks out very fast, but afraid after that it went downhill.

What we had:
Complimentary bread basket - no oil or butter given alongside it, bread was stale so lack of oil (which was given to the table next to us) didn’t matter because we left it.

Girlfriend’s Dish - Bruschette: according to the girlfriend the tomatos were juicy, well flavoured and delicious but the bread was burnt (which says something because my girlfriend loves burnt toast).

My dish - Cicoria e Salsiccia Calzone: looked the part but was disappointed once I cut into it, half of it was dough. It wasn’t very big either.

Girlfriend’s Dish: Tomato and Basil Pasta - Not good, not terrible. Looked like pasta cooked in tomato soup. Tasted like it too. I mean, it tasted like good soup but the consistency was very watery. It *did* have cheese on top which was nice (but then again you can you get cheese wrong?) Anyway. Couldn’t finish it because I refuse to waste good calories on lacklustre food.

No dessert for reasons I’m sure you can understand. I don’t usually like leaving bad reviews because TA can destroy businesses but we finished our mains five minutes before starting this review, and we’re still waiting for mains to be cleared - which is now 20 minutes later. The restaurant has 8 other people in it... So you could say that service is slow.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Was just dropping by, and ordered a pizza and the house red wine.

The wine was totally ok. Nothing more, and nothing less

The pizza was however, very good. I just had the pizza so can’t say anything about the rest, but if you want good pizza, and quick and good service, this is a good place

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

5 star food and service, would defo recommend as we stumbled upon the restaurant by accident! Authentic Italian evening!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Amazing food at a good price, best in town. The best Pizzas in Rome. Service is very nice and you don't wait long to be served.

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Ate here in March 2016, fast accurate service, tasty thin based pizza, clean bathrooms. Had no issues with service or speaking English.