Royal Hotel Carlton
  • Room Service
US$403
US$389
US$93
Holiday Inn Express Bologna-Fiera(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$61
HIExpress.com
US$62
US$58
Best Western City Hotel(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$102
All reviewsopened the balcony doorupholstered wallstrain stationbusiness tripvery nice hotelbuffet stylesky tvpiazza maggiorecentrally located hotelreception staffpublic areasfive minute walkitalian hotelscity centrecomfortable roomsthe main squarestayed here for nights
Reviewed 20 March 2018

At first I wasn't that impressed with the Royal Carlton Hotel. It has a big ornate lobby with chandeliers and wallpaper and carpets galore, and felt stodgy. But after staying in 4 other similarly priced hotels in Italy this week, I really recommend it. They get the basics right, which many places don't. For example, I was traveling with a friend, and specifically booked rooms that had 2 separate beds. The Royal Carlton Hotel was one of the two hotels that got this right. And the bed was comfortable. And the shower was good pressure, hot water, and consistent temperature. Other hotels had hard beds, low pressure, and variable water temperature. Staff were very helpful as well. The only downside was that breakfast, while having lots of options, was not very good quality, but we found that to be true at all of the hotels. Better to go to a local cafe and get a great Italian pastry and a decent cappuccino.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank EBrowne
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I have been there for Cosmoprof exhibition for 4 nights.

The staff was really rude at the reception from the beginning.
Not helpful at all. One of my UK buyer was at Cosmoprof and he was not able to find the transfer organised to the hotel and I kindly ask more information at the hotel reception, and the lady reply that it was not her business because the service was organised by a third society.

Noisy in the morning since 7.30 due to cleaning service.

Disappointed

Do not waste your money there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Federica S
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Carlton for 4 days. I came in Bologna invited by the proffesors from the university to teach. I m a Proffesor And i asked my mom to come with me. I reserved a deluxe room And the front office manager was nice And come with us And showed us different tipes of rooms So we Took a junior suite which was great And confortable and maked our trip more beatiful. 3 Days ago in Bologna was very bad weather , a lot of snow And my mother hurt very bad her leg, So we asked help At the reception. Again the front office manager Nicoletta Mauceri was fantastic! She Took care of everything, she arranged for transport , for a good doctor So we Could have quality medical service. Nicoletta, the front office manager made our stay in Carlton from a disaster to something very pleasant. Very good services, very Clean rooms And very good staff At reception. Thank you Mrs. Manager Nicoletta Mauceri And Carlton Hotel Bologna!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2018

In spite of its rather old time dated decor, the royal hotel Carlton is a perfectly fine place to stay. The hotel maintains a central location....easy walking distance to various sites, including the Piazza Maggiore. There is also a bus stop extremely close to the hotel, which includes the FICO bus. Though there is no coffee/tea available in room, breakfast is offered daily and is made up of a wide array of choices. The gym is nice and there is a spa onsite.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed during a congress, a travel back in time - classic design, clean and spacious rooms. The location is great, just a 10 minute walk from the city center. Never tried the Gym, although it looked good.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business