“Back home again!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2018

As a true customer of this restaurant, I made sure to enjoy a meal here during my first evening back in the Friuli region. I was on my own, but the staff kindly had arranged a table partner for me, who was fluent in English - a very pleasant surprise! It was Friday evening, shortly before Christmas, and the restaurant was bustling. I had a T-bone steak which was great - grilled on the great, centrally located, open fire ("fogolar"), of course. I'm looking forward to the next occasion!

SANZA62, Proprietario at Alla Vedova, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

dear Mr,
many thanks for your writing. It is the best compliment a customer can make for us . We work for giving the feeling of being at home even for who come far away. See you next time in Friuli, geatings from our family-

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Very warm hospitality just outside downtown. Excellent food with a variety of good grilled meat including wild game (Deere,chamois etc) with polenta ( corn bread)

Reviewed 19 October 2016

A great little restaurant tuck just off the main drag. The best fried meat balls I have ever eaten and very very good house red wine. Nothing on the menu was over 12 euros. I had shrimp and grits and my wife had pasta and both were great. Be sure to stop in when you are in town.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

The restaurant has been run by 5 generations. Inside you will feel very warm atmosphere (like at home). Interior is super, its like a museum...no it is a museum of history of Italian family.

Fantastic dishes. Restaurant is known for its chicken meat dishes. Stakes are also great!

Must see if you visit Udine ever.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

I like hospitality of personal and very testy food.
The atmosphere is family friendly and the place is recommendable for families and business dinning.