“Go there for an excellent lobster and spaghetti and the sound of the sea”
Review of Marina Piccola

Marina Piccola
Ranked #10 of 18 Restaurants in Manarola
Price range: US$13 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2016

Go there for a dinner. We had an excellent lobster spaghetti (it is served for a group of two and more) and a great local wine. Mind you that the plate is of an impressive size even for a couple. What I liked most about the place is the sound of waves clashing at rocks practically just below your feet. The restaurant stays very busy mainly because there are not that many places (about a couple to be exact) that are open past 8-9 p.m. So, plan your visit or wait by the seaside.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,437)

A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Let me begin by stating that the Hotel Marina r is exquisite; I thought the restaurant was a safe bet but that was a misguided assumption. I am a single woman traveling alone. Even after explaining to multiple staff that I was a party of one, I waited 40 minutes for water--water. And that is after waiting 18 minutes to interact with wait staff. I was told that the staff had assumed that I was waiting for my husband. The wait staff was rude, non-attentive, and overall unpleasant. After I explained that I was experiencing poor service, the manger suggested that it was a "misunderstanding" and that because I was alone, I needed "more friends." Actually, I have plenty of friends, and I generally enjoy traveling alone, except when that means that I wait 40 minutes for water because it is assumed that I am waiting for my husband. Why else would a woman order three courses in a restaurant?

That and the food was lackluster, except for the Sea Bass.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Great food, great location, great views. Adequate service, with just a hint of disinterest from our server.

Overall a great meal, that I would gladly have again. The price is on par with the quality of food and the setting of the restaurant - an outside table with a view of the harbour. The house made tiramisu makes other desserts cower in fear at its mere existence. One of the best desserts had during the vacation.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

We arrived to a full restaurant in the middle of the day and had to wait 5 minutes for a table. Our waitress - Bianca - was an absolute delight. She assisted us with recommendations of the local food and we were not disappointed.

The lemon anchovies are a favourite in Cinque Terre and these were simply prepared. My wife is not a fan (she uses other descriptives) of anchovies but was pleasantly surprised - not the usual salted variety.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

The restaurant is situated in great romantic location by the port, friendly service. The food is good but used to be better.