A Casa Cinque Terre Manarola
Affittacamere San Giorgio(Manarola)(Great Value!)
US$134
Arpaiu(Manarola)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The walk up to the apartment could be a tad taxing for some people, but this is Cinque Terre after all! Be sure to arrange meeting place and time with Claudio on arrival.. as we waited over half an hour for him, yet he was chatting to a cafe owner , only a few meters from where we waited the whole time!! Apartment is equipped with all the basic amenities. We stayed in georgio 1 and the best thing about it was the view of the terraced hills from the balcony. Would recommend Claudio buy another lounge chair for the balcony, as there was only one there. Spacious room but tiny bathroom!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed in the apartment in Riomaggiore. I did not know that Claudio was not the owner but the leasing agents. I let them know that we would have a car and they said I needed reservations. I said that I would need a reservation. Perhaps it was my own misunderstanding - assuming they would make the reservation, but when we arrived, there was absolutely no parking available. The attendant was rude. I don't know how I would have known who to make a reservation with as I don't recall even getting the specific information. I walked over a mile to park the car and was worried the entire time. We never saw the owner of the apartment again. She took our money and had no further assistance. There weren't any dish towels in the kitchen. A little more hospitality would have made for a nicer touch. For the price, a small basket with fresh coffee (rather than the stale, opened pkg. that was there) or a few cookies would have been a treat. No wifi.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam L
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed in Georgio 1 for 3 nights in June. It was a perfectly simple apartment, with a wonderful view. Claudio is very responsive in emails in organising our stay, and speaks very good English which is helpful. He is friendly and will happily answer questions you may have. But do catch him when you check in - as its an apartment stay, so you wont see him again.
Although he does leave all contact info, so you can if you need.

The apartment is simple, but decent sized. The bedroom and kitchen, whilst separate rooms are not closed off by a door, so its open plan. The bathroom was perfectly adequate, although the shower is quite small and if you are on the large side you may not love it. The novelty factor is if you open the bathroom window you have quite the view from the toilet seat over the opposing hills. The towels are not luxe, just quite thin waffle type towels. But they do the trick. We didnt use the kitchen, but there is a fridge which is a bonus.

The bed was big - probably "queen" under UK/Aus sizing. The pillows not too comfortable though, but I slept well in any case.

We had some people staying in Georgio 2, which is the apartment above Georgio 1. The noise isnt significant, just the odd footstep or chair being moved.

I felt perfectly safe, which was a concern of mine due to the seemingly open front yard, however the gate to the property is locked and a key is required. So it is very secure.

I dont want to mention the walk up to the apartment - yes its up a hill, Cinque Terre is all about the five villages and hiking up and down between them, one little hill one the way home shouldn't bother you! Plus the view is worth it.

The main downside is that there is only one lounger chair on the patio, Claudio mentioned it was new and seemed proud of the new purchase. But I wasnt sure why there weren't two! In the bedroom there is a massage type lounger which we took out onto the patio to watch the sunset with a bottle of Prosecco.

Definitely eat at Billy's - you'll need to reserve. The food is good, the setting captivating. I wish I had not bothered eating dinner in town but we only tried Billys the last night of our stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KillBill
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We spent 4 nights in Manarola in May, and loved our apartment. It had great views of the town and ocean, was very clean, and has been remodeled very nicely. It has a terrace overlooking the town , with a table and a couple of chairs so we could enjoy the sunset at the end of the day. This is the second time we use A Casa in Manarola and both times, and Claudio has been a great host. We are looking forward to coming back again and stay longer. Salve Claudio.......

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DinaColumbus_NC
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed four nights in Giorgio 1, nice shaded courtyard up a hill above Manarola. Great price too.

Excellent communication with Claudio, easy to phone from the pay phone near the meeting point.

Super cheap train tickets from genoa to manarola, and happy with our choice of manarola after checking out the other towns.

Note that you need to be fit to stay in the cinque terre as everything involves either stairs and a steep hike or if you are lucky both!

The apartment was clean and basic but comfortable. Bring your own soap and a fluffy towel if you are fussy as the ones included are cotton and reasonably thin.

Loved having a shady front porch with a bit of a view to the ocean and over the town and hills.

Some noise at night from the kids playing soccer below and the people in the flat above, but not too bad.

Definately go left from the gate and go to Billy's trattoria. You don't even have to go down the hill and the long way round like we stupidly did. Great seafood and great service, same prices as in the tourist traps down in town.

Overall would stay again, great value and beautiful place.

• Stayed: June 2012