“Very good pasta”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Closed Wednesday and from December to March
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent and very large portion of pasta, I definitely recommande the Ciak pasta, and the pesto one, excellent! Nice service. A bit expensive with the usual "coperto", 3 euros per person, but it is the same in all restaurants in the area. We really had a good lunch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We had an excellent, fresh seafood dinner at this restaurant a few nights ago. I highly recommend the seafood ravioli! All of the of the flavors blended so well in this dish. Bravo chefs! The service definitely needs some work. It felt very disorganized with all 3 waiters/waitress running around to all the tables. I think they should be assigned to a certain area or table so they can keep up with their patrons in a more orderly fashion. It was difficult to enjoy my meal as I watched them shuffle around not sure if the other took care of the needs of a certain table. It wasn’t horrible service, but it was lacking the finesse I was looking for in my 1 dinner in Cinque Terre. From the lack of organization, the way the waiter dribbled wine over my glass while pouring, to not explaining that the bowl of extra pasta sitting on the table behind us was for us to get up and get more any time (we didn’t know the protocol so it sat there and got cold) I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a more memorable experience given this may be my only dining experience in Monterosso.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We were fortunate at this time in April that we chose a warmer night to visit Ciak and could enjoy our dinner on the terrace with just a light jacket. There were 4 of us and we all chose a seafood dish. Our friends got a seafood risotto, I got prawns and my husband got shrimp. Everyone enjoyed what they got. This is a popular restaurant and even in April they got pretty full. Definitely make a reservation. During the busy summer months don't expect to call the day before and be able to get in. Call way ahead.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Ended up at the outdoor area of this spot per the recommendation of multiple local shop keepers. And again due to our first experience! Food - especially the signature frutti de mare pasta and the shrimp ravioli (see picture) were exceptionally flavorful. Gnocchi delicious too - pesto sauce could have used a bit more salt. Wait staff was friendly and accommodating unlike at some of the other local restaurants. Open late too!

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here on our hotel’s recommendation and were very happy we did so. The place has a great vibe with cheerful and efficient waiters. The menu looked interesting but the stand out was the seafood soup, served for two. Out came a huge claypot filled with fish, langoustines, prawns, mussels, clams, some pasta and an absolutely delicious broth. Together with a bottle of local white wine, it was perfect welcome to our next visit to Italy. We did get our hotel to book but others were getting tables without a reservation, though that might be difficult later as it got very popular. Highly recommended