“Great view - food is ok”
Review of Il Casello

Il Casello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The title says it all. The view was amazing, and so were the cocktails...definitely worth the visit. Not sure I would go again for the food.
We (party of 4) got there around 4:00pm. We were glad to find it open as most of the restaurants were closed around that time. The person who greeted us said that we had to be done by 7:30 because of a reservation. No problem. I guess people do sometimes hang around that long.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I loved it!! The owner was very nice and polite and the food was excucite! You’d think that they would add a couple of euros for the view but it’s the same price as the rest of the town. The seafood pasta was the best I ever had as well as the house wine! I’m very picky with my wine but this was a bargain. Also the bresaola was so good. The menu is not so big wich I think is a good thing but check before so there is something that you like.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Italian eateries are supposed to be good not this one! I ordered mussels and it was the worst I’ve ever had I don’t think I can eat mussels again for a long time. My girlfriend ordered shrimp salad. It was marginal at best. The spaghetti was way too salty.

2  Thank Jan C
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Amazing food, view, wine, staff.. the best of Monterosso.. But it could be very busy so make sure to reserve ahead of time

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by the staff at our hotel and it was a good one. The food and service were both very good. We started with some house wine and salads. Our main courses were all very tasty. We ate in the outside patio area overlooking the ocean. Price was very reasonable.