“The Italian Ensemble ”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Living in San Francisco, I know good food when I eat it. Whether it's Vietnamese noodles in the tenderloin or a late night burrito in mission, nothing will keep me away from a quality meal. And for Italian food I won't ever be spoiled like I was at La Lampara. Eat here and treat yourself to some pesto four cheese pizza and linguini with clams hand-picked from the shell. And lobster gnocchi. And langoustine risotto. And swordfish spaghetti. And grilled sea bass. And the mixed seafood grill (w/ langoustine if they have it) platter. And panna cotta. And tiramisu. And espresso. Each menu item complemented the next, it was an ensemble of Italian dishes that has permanently scarred all future Italian meals for me because I know they will never measure up to La Lampara quality. This was a sad realization for me because I really like pizza

4  Thank George L

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Obviously Riomaggiore is a touristy place and as an Italian who has eaten around Italy, the food options are limited here. However, out of the places I ate in Riomaggiore (we stayed 3 days) la lampara was the best food that I ate. Many of the other restaurants had frozen pizzas that they heat up, whereas La Lampara makes their pizza fresh and they have a wide array of options. I had the mascarpone with speck and I would highly recommend that to anyone. My sister had the pesto pizza and the pesto was very tasty.

2  Thank Alex c
Reviewed 4 July 2017

If you come to Cinque Terre for the views, you stay for the food. And when you eat at La Lampara, not only are you treated to an excellent meal, but you're treated like family. This isn't surprising given the Spadaro brothers who own the place. Manu, the chef, is young and wildly talented. He has a flare for the local cuisine--anchovies and seafood pastas--and also makes delicious pizza--seafood was my favorite, pesto and cheese was a close second. If you go, don't miss the seafood risotto and the swordfish tartar! While most of the restaurants in Riomaggiore are on the waterfront and bursting at the studs with tourists, La Lampara is nestled along a quaint street just up from the marina. A little quieter, you won't feel rushed or like your meal was made before you walked in. Everything in this place is done with care and it shows. Will definitely be going back!

2  Thank Noah M
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Great chef, service, and atmosphere. We always look forward to dining at La Lampara. Antonio and the staff will make sure you have a great experience

2  Thank OTrevi
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We had a very pleasant dinner at this restaurant. The food was fresh and tasty and the staff very friendly.

2  Thank cherryl g